How to Make Perfect Turkey Chili Stuffed Potatoes
Turkey Chili Stuffed Potatoes. Turkey Chili Stuffed Backed Potato is an amazing bean-less chili. Perfect for those cold winter days. Last year I started to add cut up Potatoes or Sweet Potatoes to the Chili as a substitute for all those beans.
A healthy spin on game-day chili. These chili-stuffed sweet potatoes are full of healthy ingredients and perfect for watching the game or weeknight supper. They're packed with protein, fiber, vitamin A with no shortage of flavor. You can have Turkey Chili Stuffed Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkey Chili Stuffed Potatoes
- You need 2 of lbs. Lean Ground Turkey.
- It’s 1 C. of Onion, chopped.
- You need 2 tsp. of Garlic, minced.
- You need 1 (14 oz) of Can Diced Tomatoes (do not drain).
- It’s 1 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Chipotle Chili Powder.
- It’s 2 tsp. of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Smoked Paprika.
- You need 1 1/2 C. of Non-Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s 6 of Russet Potatoes, baked.
- It’s of Hot Sauce, if desired.
Turkey Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, using Blount Fine Foods Turkey Chili. (Reserve the insides of potatoes to make hash brown cakes the next day.) Spray cut side of skins with cooking spray, season with salt and pepper, and roast Add turkey and crumble as it cooks up. Stir in hot sauce and tomato sauce, and simmer over low heat to combine flavors. Tender baked sweet potatoes smothered with turkey and bean chili, then topped with melty cheddar. Sweet potatoes and chili are totally made for each other.
Turkey Chili Stuffed Potatoes instructions
- In a large skillet, cook onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes..
- Add ground turkey, cook, breaking up while it browns..
- When turkey is almost cooked through, add spices and diced tomatoes..
- Let finish cooking and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Open up the potatoes lengthwise, divide chili among the potatoes. Top each with ¼ C. of cheese and a few dashes of hair sauce, if using..
The subtle sweetness of the sweet potatoes perfectly contrasts the smoky, spicy flavor of the chili. The turkey chili is mild and savory, which is the perfect balance to the slightly sweet acorn squash (would be great with delicata too!). I had this for dinner last night and I loved every bite of this. This gluten free Healthy Turkey Chili is easy enough to prepare on a busy weeknight. This looks perfectly delicious! never had sweet potatoes or any potato in a chili, I've got to try this.