How to Make Appetizing Tamarind Braised Pork Shoulder
Tamarind Braised Pork Shoulder. #BraisedPorkShoulder is a very popular Chinese Recipe. This recipe can be made using pork shank or even pig's trotters. This is a comfort food for many.
Serve this succulent spiced pork shoulder recipe at the table with a pair of tongs (perfect for pulling off small hunks to stuff into tortillas), or shred it in the kitchen and place on a platter. By The Bon Appétit Test Kitchen. "This is a grown-up braise—a company braise," says Piper Davis, co-owner and cuisine director at Grand Central Bakery in Portland and Seattle. "It's a technique more than a recipe." The keys to that technique: cooking the meat in cider with one set of seasonings, straining and reducing the liquid, and. Trim the pork shoulder of any thick layers of fat. You can have Tamarind Braised Pork Shoulder using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tamarind Braised Pork Shoulder
- You need 1 of four pound pork shoulder.
- It’s 2 liter of tamarind Jarritos.
- Prepare 8 oz of habanero mustard.
- Prepare 2 cup of brandy.
- It’s 3 of red onion; large dice.
- Prepare 1 bunch of celery; large dice.
- Prepare 2 of green bell pepper; large dice.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 8 clove of garlic; peeled and smashed.
- You need 2 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- It’s 3/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil.
Combine the brown sugar, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the pork with the spice mixture, getting into crevices and on the sides. Learn how to perfect your pork shoulder recipes at Womansday.com. Return the pork to the pan, cover and put in the oven.
Tamarind Braised Pork Shoulder step by step
- Season pork shoulder with salt and pepper..
- Cover pork with flour. Knock off excessive flour..
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot. Brown all sides of the pork shoulder, and place aside. Add extra vegetable oil as needed to prevent burning..
- Add veggies except garlic. Add spices. Saute until veggies are nearly tender before adding whole garlic bulbs. Saute until fragrant..
- Add brandy. Scrape up all the brown bits. Reduce by 1/2..
- Add tamarind soda and mustard. Return pork to pot. Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook for approximately 3 hours or longer until pork shoulder is falling apart tender..
- Variations; Beer, tequila, cilantro, parsley, tarragon, poblano peppers, roasted bell peppers.
Pork shoulder is an inexpensive cut from the front leg of the hog. Braising tenderizes it, or you can use it as stew meat or ground pork. A first step for braising or roasting the pork shoulder is to sear it either in a frying pan or under the broiler. Then place it in a covered pan that includes liquid (such as. Season pork with salt and pepper.