Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Black-eyed pea soup
Black-eyed pea soup. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Soup Beans and Legumes Black-Eyed Pea Gluten Free. Quick & Easy Highly Rated Healthy Surprise Me.
If you really like them I think that you could easily add another can. Is black eyed pea soup healthy? Wealth and traditions aside, I love the healthy, nutritious focus on this soup. You can have Black-eyed pea soup using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black-eyed pea soup
- You need 28 oz of can whole tomatoes.
- You need 1 lb of black-eyed peas.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 2 quart of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Worcester sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrots, sliced.
- You need 1 cup of celery, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Green pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of cooked turkey breast (or sausage), chopped.
Need this black-eyed pea soup recipe to be gluten-free as well? Omit the macaroni and just be sure to use a gluten-free vegetable broth; easy enough to do if you make your own homemade vegetable broth, or, if you're using store-bought, just check the ingredients list or the label as some will be gluten-free. This black eyed pea soup recipe is a flavorful and healthy way to enjoy a soul food staple. It's cheap, tasty, low maintenance, and can be stretched into multiple recipes.
Black-eyed pea soup step by step
- Combine 1st 11 ingredients & bring to boil. Reduce heat & simmer uncovered for 30 minutes..
- Stir in carrots, celery, pepper & parsley – simmer 30 minutes..
- Add turkey & simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender..
Heck excluding the recipe part, I could be describing myself lol. It's not your traditional creamy southern style black-eyed peas. Add chicken stock and black-eyed peas to the pot. Bring contents to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to simmer. There are a ton of black-eyed pea soup recipes out there I'm sure, so I simply created mine based off of ingredients I love and would want in my own soup.