Recipe: Tasty Sweet Potato Chorizo Hash
Sweet Potato Chorizo Hash. This sweet potato and chorizo hash is a great option when cooking for one or two because sweet potatoes are perfectly portioned. With all that in mind, this chorizo and sweet potato hash is pretty much a single person's dream meal. It definitely is a new favorite of mine.
Sweet potatoes are usually accepted by the paleo crowd. However my own experience shows that that they are best avoided when trying to lose weight and Return the chorizo to the skillet with the sweet potatoes and spinach. Turn the heat to medium-low and stir the contents. You can cook Sweet Potato Chorizo Hash using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Chorizo Hash
- Prepare 12 oz of chorizo.
- It’s 3 of large sweet potatoes, skin on, diced into 1/4-1/2 inch cubes.
- Prepare 3 of large onion, halved and thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of salt, divided.
- You need 3 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of freshly chopped rosemary.
- It’s Pinch of ground pepper.
- It’s 4-8 of eggs.
This is when having a warm breakfast to look forward to can be a crucial motivating factor. While this sweet potato & chorizo breakfast hash might seem A general tip for making hash is that the smaller you dice your potato the faster it will cook. A few continental parsley sprigs, finely chopped. Add onion and garlic and saute till translucent, then add the chorizo and fry until the chorizo pieces are starting to brown.
Sweet Potato Chorizo Hash step by step
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a baking sheet..
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions and 1 tsp salt, sauté until soft and golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a large bowl add the diced potatoes, olive oil, 1 1/2 tsp salt, paprika, pinch of pepper and rosemary. When the onions are done, add to the potatoes and mix together.
- Pour the mixture on the greased sheet, and bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring a few times, until the potatoes are soft and browned.
- During the last ten minutes, cook the the chorizo in a pan until done.
- Once the potatoes are done, layer into a large pie pan, next layer in the the chorizo, and then using a measuring cup, create 4-8 vessels to crack the eggs into. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 425 degrees, until the eggs are cooked. Top with some pepper..
Sweet potato fills you up like normal potatoes, but also counts towards your five a day. A quick and easy Sweet Potato & Chorizo Hash With Avocado recipe, from our authentic Spanish cuisine collection. Find brilliant recipe ideas and cooking tips at Gousto. Then just crisp it up with sweet red onion, chorizo and spinach, crack an egg on top and serve with sliced avocado. The chorizo and sweet potatoes get tossed with a diced onion and a little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika, then they go straight into the oven.