Recipe: Yummy Orange stew 🧡 / Squash, sweet potato and carrot stew – vegan
Orange stew 🧡 / Squash, sweet potato and carrot stew – vegan. This stew is super easy to make, really hearty, and beautiful on top of the bright orange mash. Top the whole thing off with some coconut yogurt and avocado and enjoy this stew while curled up on the couch on a cold, rainy day! Place the sweet potatoes and carrots into a saucepan and cover with water..
Sweet potatoes are hands down my favorite veggie. Red and orange sweet potatoes are often labeled as yams at the grocery store which is actually inaccurate. Delicious, hearty, and healthy Sweet Potato Stew is packed with sweet potatoes, carrots, celery. You can have Orange stew 🧡 / Squash, sweet potato and carrot stew – vegan using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orange stew 🧡 / Squash, sweet potato and carrot stew – vegan
- You need 1.5 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium-large onion, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- It’s 2 sticks of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- It’s 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 500-700 ml of vegan stock.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of chopped vegetables eg squash, carrots, sweet potato.
- Prepare 1/4 of cup/ handful chopped dried apricots.
- You need of Optional: 1-2 cups cooked white beans or chickpeas; add 5-10 mins before the cavolo nero.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lemon + zest.
- You need A few of handfuls of cavolo nero or baby kale, torn into pieces.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
This curry with sweet potato, carrots and squash has the perfect Autumn touch. You cannot have a veggie food blog without a good curry with sweet potato recipe! And as Autumn is knocking at the door it is the time to present you one that has a few Autumn delicacies such as carrots, squash and green. The golden orange made a beautiful presentation.
Orange stew 🧡 / Squash, sweet potato and carrot stew – vegan step by step
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later) on a medium heat. Sauté the onion for about 10mins until translucent..
- Add the garlic, celery and spices. Sauté for a couple of mins..
- Add the stock and vinegar. (I added a bit too much stock today; start with 500ml and see how it goes.).
- Add the vegetables and apricots. Cover and simmer for about 40 mins (until the vegetables are tender)..
- Add the lemon juice. Taste and season. Then add the cavolo nero. Cover. Take the pot off the heat. The greens will steam on top of the stew. After a couple of mins, it’s ready to serve..
- Serve with your grain of choice/ on its own with some lemon zest grated on top. Enjoy 😋.
The sweetness from the onions carrots and sweet potatoes made a mellow flavor profile while the seasonings added just the right amount of exotic interest to make this soup memorable. Buy us a cup of coffee. Thank you all so much for watching our recipe videos and supporting our channel. If you would to further support and help us. With carrots, sweet potatoes and apples, this savory soup with a hint of sweetness is the essence of fall.