Recipe: Tasty Gnocchi with Blue Cheese Sauce
Gnocchi with Blue Cheese Sauce. A rich blue cheese sauce coats the gnocchi which is tossed with a bit of fresh spinach and topped with some crispy prosciutto. I've got a good one to share with you today guys – Gnocchi with Blue Cheese and Frizzled Prosciutto! Plus, it'll pair perfectly with Merlot – which I'm putting out there right.
When they float to the top of the pan, they are ready. Gnocchi are not difficult to make, but it's important to use floury, not waxy, potatoes and to cook them whole and unpeeled so they don't absorb any water.. Mushroom gnocchi in a creamy blue cheese pan sauce and chunky, meaty mushrooms. You can cook Gnocchi with Blue Cheese Sauce using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gnocchi with Blue Cheese Sauce
- You need of Gnocchi.
- Prepare 180 g (6.34 oz) of Mashed potato mix.
- It’s 560 ml (18.93 fl oz) of Hot milk / Hot water.
- You need 250 g (8.81 oz) of Bread flour.
- You need 1 tsp of Fine salt.
- You need of Cheese sauce.
- You need 100 g (3.52 oz) of Blue cheese.
- You need 200 ml (6.76 fl oz) of Heavy cream.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- Prepare to taste of Ground black pepper.
- You need to taste of Acacia honey / Truffle honey.
- It’s to taste of Dill.
The gnocchi are covered in a quick, creamy sauce laced with garlicky mushrooms, thyme and savory blue cheese. This is a pasta meal that's so comforting at the. Discover Gino's beautiful gnocchi with blue cheese – it's so simple, and so tasty! Gnocchi had always been something that I avoided making but after finding this recipe it has become a regular dinner.
Gnocchi with Blue Cheese Sauce step by step
- Make mashed potatoes with milk or water..
- Mix bread flour and salt. Add it to the mashed potatoes little by little..
- Knead the gnocchi mixture well. *Weight of bread flour = 1 / 3 of mashed potato mix + liquids.
- Add some extra bread flour if the gnocchi mixture is too soft..
- Scoop a small amount of the gnocchi mixture and rolling it on your hand to make an oval shape. Press and make lines to both front & back side with using the back of a fork. *You can skip making lines, but those lines help keep the sauce on the gnocchi..
- Boil gnocchi with plenty of water..
- It's done boiling when they start to float on the surface. Drain the water..
- Just like gorgonzola picante or dolce, every blue cheese has a different strong taste. Find your favorite and use it. My big recommendation is "Bergader Edelpilz" from Germany. This cheese makes a perfect sauce!.
- Pour heavy cream into the pan, simmer it gently with low heat, do not boil. Then put in the whole blue cheese, shave & melt it with a spatula. Mix and simmer it well..
- Add gnocchi to it and mix gently..
- Place gnocchi on the plate and spinkle with ground black pepper or pour some acacia honey on it. If you want to make it richer, try truffle honey!.
- If you're not interested in cheese, mix with tomato sauce. It also is good!.
- Put some dill on top for a nice presentation. Next day the taste becomes even richer. Enjoy the leftovers!.
To serve place the gnocchi in a bowl then cover with the sauce. Sprinkle with some parmesan and serve immediately. Complete with a warm blue cheese sauce, it's the ultimate comfort food that'll keep you coming back for more. Toss gnocchi through sauce and season to taste. With a package of gnocchi, a few strips of bacon, some blue cheese, and a handful of spinach, this is the recipe that For sauce, this recipe leans on chicken broth and cooking water from the gnocchi.