Recipe: Perfect Brazilian potato salad
Brazilian potato salad. Our Brazilian Potato Salad is a family recipe made from cubed potatoes, mayonnaise, lime juice, olives, garlic, onions, and herbs. It's a great summer side dish, ideal for accompanying grilled meats! Brazilian potato salad, is a mayonnaise-base potato salad, that we call maionese de batata in Portuguese.
Yes, this is a family recipe, so feel special! This classic potato salad recipe is creamy, fun to make (and to eat), and tastes nicely salty. Brazilian Potato Salad was one of my all time, personal favorites. You can cook Brazilian potato salad using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brazilian potato salad
- Prepare of potatoes boiled,peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- It’s of boiled green peas.
- It’s of carrots cut and boiled.
- It’s of big onion finely chopped.
- It’s of garlic minced.
- Prepare of Green coriander/parsley and mint leaves finely chopped.
- Prepare of black pepper powder.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of lime juice.
- It’s of apple cider vinegar.
- You need of mayonnaise.
This is a Brazilian style potato salad, that the Brazilians like to call "Maionese". I'm sure I spelled that in a totally Gringo way. In this week's episode we're taking you back to Brazil for another delicious recipe. This is what Brazilians call their potato salad and it is absolutely delicious!
Brazilian potato salad instructions
- Take mayonnaise in a big bowl. Add onions, garlic, coriander and mint, salt, pepper powder, vinegar and lime juice to it..
- Now add potatoes, peas and carrots to this mayonnaise mixture..
- Keep it refrigerated for 1-2 hours..
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander and mint leaves..
- Seve chilled with your choice of grilled bread. Enjoy!!.
- Happy cooking and happy eating. 😊.
It's so good I have to be careful I don't eat it all by myself! One distinctive characteristic of Brazilian potato salad is the addition of lime juice, which seems like Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the potatoes. Peel the green apple, remove the core and dice apple into ¼-inch cubes. Combine the diced potatoes, carrots, sliced eggs, drained green peas, diced apple, raisins. Add cool potatoes to the mayo mixture, stirring gently to combine.