Recipe: Perfect Sweet and Sour Pork Style Meatballs with Thick Sweet-Vinegar Sauce
Sweet and Sour Pork Style Meatballs with Thick Sweet-Vinegar Sauce. .of the flavorsome sweet and sour sauce—the sweetness from sugar plus the tangy ketchup and sharp rice vinegar—with the crispy fried pork pieces. Once you master the techniques of homemade sweet and sour sauce, you can make authentic and restaurant quality Chinese food at home! How to cook Pork Meatballs in Sweet and Sour Sauce.
Sweet and sour pork usually uses cubed pork but this is a meatball version of sweet and sour I once made a Chinese style dish by deep frying not only the pork cubes but also vegetables. Vinegar: I recommend apple cider vinegar for deeper flavor. Sweet and Sour Pork is a mouthwatering stir-fry of crispy and tender pieces of deep fried pork tenderloin Whisk until smooth. You can cook Sweet and Sour Pork Style Meatballs with Thick Sweet-Vinegar Sauce using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour Pork Style Meatballs with Thick Sweet-Vinegar Sauce
- You need 1/2 of or the whole amount Meatballs (see.
- Prepare 100 grams of Onion.
- It’s 100 grams of Carrot.
- It’s 100 grams of Green bell peppers.
- It’s 2 of to 4 Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 100 of to 150 grams Pineapple (canned is fine).
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare 100 ml of ●Water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ● Weipa.
- You need 2 of to 3 tablespoons ●Castor sugar (or granulated sugar).
- You need 3 tbsp of ●Rice vinegar (or white wine vinegar).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ●Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ●Katakuriko (or cornstarch).
- It’s 1 tbsp of ●The soaking liquid from the shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 1 tsp of ●Sake.
- It’s 1 dash of ●Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil (or any oil for stir frying).
The mixture will be thick like pancake batter. Add the cubed pork to the mixture and. Easy sweet and sour pork recipe 咕噜肉. The secret lies in the use of plum sauce and lemon juice to create the perfect balance of sweetness and sourness.
Sweet and Sour Pork Style Meatballs with Thick Sweet-Vinegar Sauce instructions
- Make the meatballs using. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/155647-my-familys-meatball-recipe.
- Rehydrate the shiitake mushrooms by soaking in water. Take off the stems and slice diagonally into 2 to 4 pieces each. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the soaking liquid..
- Cut the onion into wedges, then cut in half crosswise. Roughly cut up the carrot and pepper. Cut the pineapple into easy to eat pieces..
- Combine all the ● ingredients and mix..
- Bring some water to a boil in a wok, boil the carrot and drain. Cook for about 5 minutes..
- Put the vegetable oil in the same wok and heat. Add the onion, shiitake mushrooms, bell pepper, carrot and pineapple in that order, continuously stir frying..
- When the onion is translucent and wilted, add the meatballs and mix..
- Add the combined flavoring ingredients all at once. Bring to a boil. When the sauce has thickened and has coated the ingredients, it's done..
Chinese sweet and sour pork is prepared by marinating the pork with light soy sauce, cornatarch and egg white for thirty minutes at least. Add the sugar, vinegar, and ketchup, stir. Bring the mixture to a boil. Add the pork to the frying pan and coat everything evenly. Try this Sweet and Sour Meatballs recipe and let us know what you think.