Easiest Way to Cook Delicious My Ploughman's Pickle
My Ploughman's Pickle.
You can have My Ploughman's Pickle using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Ploughman's Pickle
- Prepare of chantenay carrots.
- Prepare of swede or turnip.
- Prepare of medium onions.
- Prepare of medium dessert apples.
- Prepare of courgette/zucchini.
- It’s of dates.
- You need of prunes.
- Prepare of garlic cloves crushed.
- You need of light brown sugar.
- You need of malt vinegar.
- You need of lemon juice.
- It’s of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of mustard seeds.
- You need of ground allspice.
- Prepare of cayenne pepper.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of cloves crushed.
- You need of ground cloves.
My Ploughman's Pickle step by step
- Dice all the veg and fruit into small cubes about 0.5cm. Crush or finely chop garlic..
- Place all ingredients into a large pan and bring slowly to the boil.
- Simmer until carrots and swede are soft. 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- You may need to add a bit of water if too dry.
- Pot into clean sterilized jars. Cover and seal.
- Label and date once cool.
- It takes about one month to mature..
- The last batch I made I replaced courgette by three small cucumbers and instead of prunes I added about 175 grams dates chopped..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)