How to Prepare Yummy Sig's Mulligatawny Soup
Sig's Mulligatawny Soup.
You can cook Sig's Mulligatawny Soup using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's Mulligatawny Soup
- Prepare of ghee (clarified butter).
- Prepare of large onion about 225 gram.
- It’s of large cloves garlic crushed.
- You need of ginger grated.
- It’s of large green chilli, finely chopped.
- Prepare of each ground cinnamon and ground cloves.
- It’s of ground coriander.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- It’s of cardamom pods, bruised.
- It’s of curry leaves.
- Prepare of medium carrot,chopped.
- Prepare of medium sour apple,chopped.
- You need of large potato, chopped.
- It’s of about 200 grams red lentils(I use brown as I prefer the flavour) drained.
- You need of vegetable or chicken stock.
- It’s of tamarind concentrate.
- Prepare of fresh lemon juice.
- You need of about 500 ml coconut milk.
- You need of chopped fresh coriander.
Sig's Mulligatawny Soup instructions
- Heat the ghee in a large pot, cook the onion garlic,ginger,chilli,all spices and curry leaves in ghee until the onion has browned a little and there is a fragrance..
- Add apple, carrot,potato, dhal(lentils) and cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Discard cardamom pods and curry leaves.
- Blend or process the mixture. in batches until smooth,return to pan, add the tamarind,lemon juice coconut milk and garnish with fresh coriander leaves..
- Make sure the soup is heated through.
- I prefer smooth soups but you can puree it to more broth like texture..
- Make a day ahead if you like..
- You can make a chicken stock with 2 large chicken joints and add the chicken for meat eaters..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)