Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Homemade Vegetable and Fruit Chutney
Homemade Vegetable and Fruit Chutney.
You can have Homemade Vegetable and Fruit Chutney using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Vegetable and Fruit Chutney
- Prepare of Apple vinegar / Malt vinegar.
- Prepare of Brown sugar.
- Prepare of ☆ Ginger.
- You need of ☆ Onion.
- You need of ☆ Garlic.
- It’s of Salt (I used rock salt).
- Prepare of Mustard seeds.
- You need of Ground coriander.
- It’s of Bay leaf.
- It’s of from 1 small lemon Lemon juice.
- It’s of ★ Apple (remove skin and seeds).
- Prepare of ★ Zucchini.
- It’s of ★ Cauliflower.
- You need of ★ Turnip / Kohlrabi.
- You need of ★ Carrot.
- It’s of ★ Pickled cucumber (pickles).
- You need of ★ Dates / prunes.
- Prepare of ★ Tomatoes.
Homemade Vegetable and Fruit Chutney instructions
- Heat the apple vinegar and sugar in a pot, and bring to a boil. Coarsely chop the ingredients marked ☆ beforehand. Add them in the pot once the mixture in the pot comes to a boil..
- Dice the ingredients marked ★, and add them in the pot. I like chunky chutney, so I dice them into larger pieces..
- Add the coriander, mustard seeds, bay leaf and rock salt, and simmer over low heat..
- Check the pot and stir occasionally. The photo shows what the mixture would be after cooking for 1 hour. Add lemon juice, and it's done..
- Sterilize jars..
- Fill the chutney in the jar while it is still hot. Close the lid tightly, and turn the jar upside down. Let it cool down completely, and store in somewhere like a basement. You can keep it for at least one year..
- I often make the chutney in bulk because it's good for food preservation. If you make only one jar of it, reduce the amount of the ingredients by a quarter. Simmering time would be shorter as well..
- If you like smooth chutney, finely chop the ingredients at Step 2 or use a blender at Step 4. Be careful not to burn yourself if you use a hand blender..
- The best time to eat would be about a week later, but taste it before you serve. I spread it on an open sandwich made with homemade bread and cheese. The chutney is mild and not so sour..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)