Recipe: Tasty Cajun onion straws
Cajun onion straws. Begin by peeling the onions and slicing very thinly, use a mandoline slicer if you can. Separate the onion slices and place them in a shallow baking dish and pour the buttermilk over the top. Frying the Crispy Cajun Onion Strings.
Mix milk and vinegar and set aside. Cut onion in half, then into thin strips, sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Soak union strips in milk for an hour or two. You can have Cajun onion straws using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cajun onion straws
- Prepare of all.
- You need 1 of sweet onion, any size.
- Prepare 1 of flour.
- It’s 1 of cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of oil for frying.
These Crispy Cajun Fried Onion Strings are breaded with flour and Tony Chachere's and are a perfect snack, appetizer, or topper for a burger or salad! Burger Sides Burger Side Dishes Vegetable Dishes Vegetable Recipes Vegetarian Recipes Fried Onions Recipe Onion Strings Cajun Fries Recipes. Here is an easy way to knock out those tasty fried onion strings! Place in a baking dish and cover with buttermilk and soak for at least an hour.
Cajun onion straws instructions
- Mix milk and vinegar and set aside.
- Cut onion in half, then into thin strips, sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- Soak union strips in milk for an hour or two.
- Mix 2 cups flour and and quarter cup Cajun seasoning together. I like to put mine in a paper bag, easy to toss and clean up.
- Drain onions thoroughly and add to flour mix a little at a time.
- Shake off as much flour as you can and fry, and drop one or two at a time into 375°F oil.
- Remove when golden brown and salt if desired.
Combine dry ingredients and set aside. Grab a handful of onions, throw into the flour mixture, tap to shake off excess, and PLUNGE into hot oil. Fry for a few minutes and remove as soon as golden brown. Served with sauteed fresh veggies and choice of red skinned mashed potatoes or seasoned fries. Served with sauteed fresh veggies and choice of red skinned mashed potatoes or seasoned fries.