Easiest Way to Make Delicious Mississippi Mud Cake
Mississippi Mud Cake. Mississippi mud pie is a chocolate-based dessert pie that is likely to have originated in the U. S. state of Mississippi, hence the name. The treat contains a gooey chocolate sauce on top of a crumbly.
This Mississippi Mud Cake is a chocolate lover's dream! A delicious homemade chocolate cake with melted marshmallows and warm chocolate frosting poured on top. This decadent Mississippi Mud Cake couldn't be easier to put together whether you're heading to a family reunion or a last minute backyard BBQ. You can cook Mississippi Mud Cake using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mississippi Mud Cake
- You need 1 tin (400 gm) of condensed milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 11/2 cup of maida.
- It’s 11/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of soda bi carb.
- It’s 3/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare of For icing..
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of finely chopped dark chocolate.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey.
- You need of To decorate:.
- You need 8-10 of roasted walnut pieces.
- It’s of White chocochips as required.
- Prepare of Coconut flakes as required.
- It’s of Grated dark chocolate as required.
Mississippi Mud Cake is one of my favorite southern sheet cakes. It's a rich and moist chocolate cake covered Mississippi Mud Cake is one of the most popular potluck recipes. My friend Jocelyn has written a lovely book called Grandbaby Cakes and this cake is one of the masterpieces in it! Sharing it with you today is pure joy for me as I consider Jocelyn.
Mississippi Mud Cake step by step
- Seive maida, baking powder,soda bi carb and cocoa powder,trice. Preheat oven at high 250 C for 10 mins.(It may vary with different ovens).
- In mixing bowl add condensed milk and brown sugar,mix and beat in one direction till sugar dissolves..
- Little by little add all maida flour– cocoa mixture to condensed milk- sugar mixture, mix & fold gently..
- Add vanilla essence and oil… Mix well..
- Pour in grease cake tin,bake on high for 10 mins,then lower at 180..bake for 50 mins or till done (to check insert tooth pick..if comes out clean..means cake done).Cool completely at room temperature..
- In nonstick pan add chopped Chocolate, honey and heavy cream,mix stirring constantly on medium flame until chocolate melt. Pour this chocolate mixture on cake all over.. covering it's sides also. Keep refrigerated for 1 hour…till icing semi- solidify. Transfer to another plate for decorating..
- Remove the cake from fridge…decorate with roasted walnut pieces and white chocochips on edge… Sprinkle coconut flakes in center,on it sprinkle grated chocolate as shown..
- Again refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Cut with sharp hot knife for clean cut cake slices..
- Serve/ Relish Scrumptious Mississippi Mud Cake..as dessert..
Mississippi Mud Cake II. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Mississippi mud cake is a yummy chocolate dessert with marshmallows, pecans and a rich icing. Mississippi Mud Cake is quite rich and sweet, and since I am more of a savory gal, I like to counter that sweetness with pecan that I have roasted in butter and salted. Mississippi Mud Cake has been around for a long time. I made it for the weekend and realized I did not have it on the site.