Recipe: Tasty Old fashioned coconut cream pie
Old fashioned coconut cream pie. All Reviews for Old Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie. If you're searching for a perfect coconut cream pie recipe, end your search with this one! This coconut cream pie starts with a buttery baked pie crust.
Topped with a cream cheese whipped cream in a butterry pie crust. "Coconut cream pie made the old-fashioned way! Mounds of fluffy coconut-cream cheese whipped cream, creamy coconut custard filling and a crisp. Coconut cream pie has it all: a flaky crust, creamy coconut custard, mountains of whipped cream, and crunchy flakes of toasted coconut. You can cook Old fashioned coconut cream pie using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Old fashioned coconut cream pie
- You need of sweetened, flaked coconut, toasted.
- It’s of regular pie crust, blind baked.
- Prepare of half and half.
- It’s of sugar.
- You need of flour.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of eggs.
- You need of Vanilla.
- Prepare of heavy cream.
- It’s of powdered sugar.
I've always had a soft spot for this light-as-air pie, and I honestly feel it doesn't get the attention it deserves. Can we all agree it's time to bring back this. Easy old-fashioned Coconut Cream Pie is homemade with a creamy coconut pudding filling and whipped cream topping. This AMAZING Pie is a crowd favorite.
Old fashioned coconut cream pie step by step
- Set oven to 350. Toast your coconut on a sheet pan, stirring occasionally. At the same time, bake your pricked pie crust til lightly browned. Set both aside to cool..
- In a medium saucepan, add the sugar, flour and salt and whisk together then add the 3 cups half and half, vanilla and 2 beaten eggs and whisk together on med/high heat until it comes to a boil and becomes very thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat..
- Add half the toasted coconut to the custard and combine. Spread in the baked pie shell. I let mine cool a bit before covering in plastic wrap and allowing to chill for about 4 hours..
- To make the top I beat 2 cups heavy cream and 4 tbsp powdered sugar to stabilize the whipped cream. Once the pie was cold I added the cream on top and sprinkled the rest of the toasted coconut on top..
Sprinkle additional coconut on top for garnish. Bake until meringue is light brown around the edges and the coconut is toasted and light brown in color. If you have been looking for a great old fashioned coconut cream pie recipe I highly recommend this one. Flaky pie crust filled with a creamy coconut custard filling, then topped with whipped cream and toasted coconut. If you've never had coconut cream pie, you are missing out!