How to Make Perfect Coconut Cream Pie Bars
Coconut Cream Pie Bars.
You can have Coconut Cream Pie Bars using 27 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Cream Pie Bars
- You need of For Coconut Shortbread crust.
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- You need of shredded sweetened coconut.
- You need of confectioner's sugar.
- It’s of cold salted butter, cut into about 10 pieces.
- Prepare of For Chocolate Ganache Layer.
- It’s of semi sweet chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare of heavy cream.
- It’s of For Coconut Cream Filling.
- It’s of light cream or half and half.
- Prepare of coconut milk.
- Prepare of large eggs.
- It’s of cornstarch.
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- You need of salt.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- It’s of coconut extract.
- Prepare of sweetened shredded coconut.
- It’s of For Topping.
- It’s of cold heavy whipping cream.
- It’s of confectioners sugar.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- You need of unflavored gelitin.
- Prepare of cold water.
- It’s of For Garnish.
- You need of shredded sweetened coconut, toasted, recipe below.
- You need of chocolate shavings as needed.
Coconut Cream Pie Bars step by step
- Make crust..
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a 9 by 13 baking pan with foil. Place one dheet with over hang on the long side and two over lapping on the short side. This will make removing the bars for cutting easy.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, confectioner's sugar, salt and coconut.
- Add the butter pieces and with a pastry cutter or your fingers combine until it resembles a crumb mixture.
- Press evenly into prepared pan. Bake until golden about 18 to 22 minutes. Remove to rack, cool 5 minutes before adding chocolate ganache layer.
- While crust is cooking make chocolate ganacheplace chopped chocolate in a bowl. Heat cream until hot but not boiling, pour over chocolate. Let sit one minute then stir until smooth.
- Allow chocolate to cool about 5 minutes until it is pourable but not hot. Pour onto crust and spread with an off set spatula or back of a spoon to cover crust. Refrigerate while making filling.
- Make Coconut Cream Filling.
- In alarge saucepan combine crem, coconut milk, eggs, cornstarch sugat and salt. Whisk well and heat, stirring constantly, reaching all corners of pan until mixture comes to a boi, cook still constantly stirring until thick and bubbling.This can takel15 to 20 minutes Remove from heat and add both extracts and the 1/2 cup coconut and stir in, cool 5 minutes.
- Pour warm filling over cooled crust. Let stand at room temperature about 20 minutes before refrigerating until set, at least 4 hours.
- For Whipped Cream Topping.
- Place cold water and unflavored gelatin in a small heat proof bowl. Let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Have a small skillet with simmering water ready. Place bowl with gelatin in simmering water stirring until dissoved and clear. Turn off heat but leave gelatin in warm water while beating cream.
- Beat cream until it holds soft peaks, add confectioner's sugar, vanilla and liquid gelatin and beat until it holds its shape.
- Spread over coconut cream layer, sprinkle on toasted coconut and chocolate shavings. Chill at least 1 hour for whipped cream to set.
- Lift entire bar out with foil, then cut into bars with a sharp knife.
- How to toast coconut. Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread coconut in an even layer on baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake until golden 5 to 9 minutes, stirring evey minutes until golden.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)