How to Prepare Yummy Fried Spiced Fermented Soybean(Tempe) & Bean Curd(Tahu)
Fried Spiced Fermented Soybean(Tempe) & Bean Curd(Tahu). Tempe bacem is a popular Central Javanese dish, eaten either as a snack or with steamed rice. The main ingredient here is tempe (sometimes spelled tempeh), or fermented soybean cakes, a protein-rich soy product that is indigenous to Indonesia. The dish uses a common Indonesian cooking technique known as bacem in the Javanese language.
Tempeh or tempe is a traditional Indonesian soy product, that is made from fermented soybeans. It is made by a natural culturing and controlled fermentation process that binds soybeans into a cake form. The fermented soy product known as tempeh is extraordinarily nutritious, and the red chiles in this recipe give it a spicy kick. You can have Fried Spiced Fermented Soybean(Tempe) & Bean Curd(Tahu) using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Spiced Fermented Soybean(Tempe) & Bean Curd(Tahu)
- It’s 6 Pieces of bean curd cut into pieces.
- It’s 2 of salam leaves (bay leaves).
- It’s 3 tablespoon of oil.
- You need 3 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 500 of water.
- It’s 100 ml of thickened coconut milk.
- You need 400 grams of Tempe (fermented soy bean) cut into pieces.
- You need 1 of lemon grass, bruised.
- Prepare 1 cm of galangal, bruised.
- You need to taste of Salt, sugar.
- Prepare of Spices (ground).
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coriander, roasted.
- It’s 4 of candlenuts, roasted.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of shallots (large).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
Because of its dense, chewy texture, tempeh (made from soybeans and grains) is a filling and tasty meat substitute. Fried Spiced Fermented Soybean(Tempe) & Bean Curd(Tahu). Here is how you achieve that. Most people consider tempeh mendoan as a snack, and is one of the more popular Indonesian street food, for good reason.
Fried Spiced Fermented Soybean(Tempe) & Bean Curd(Tahu) instructions
- Fry bean curd until half cooked, the set aside. Saute ground spices and lemon grass, Kaffir lime leaves, salam leaves and galangal until fragrant..
- Add water and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Toss in tempe (fermented soy bean) and Bean Curd (tofu). Simmer over low heat until the gravy has thickened. Remove from the heat and serve..
Imagine tempeh, coated with a layer of spiced batter, and deep-fried in hot oil until it develops a crispy, crunchy, and super savory skin. Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce and salt. Keep stirring until the mixture boils, then add the fried tempeh. Cook until all the liquid is absorbed and the tempeh is beautifully glazed. Add the sautéed red and green chillies and mix well.