Recipe: Tasty Sweet potato pie
Sweet potato pie. For this lovely pie, sweet potatoes are boiled, peeled and mashed together with butter, sugar, milk and eggs, then seasoned with nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Sweet potato pie is a traditional dessert, originating in the Southern United States. It is often served during the American holiday season, especially at Thanksgiving and Christmas in place of pumpkin pie, which is more traditional in other regions of the United States.
Sweet Potato Pie Recipe – Here's another great sweet and delicious video recipe, Sweet Potato Pie. This is a easy to make and follow. A lightened-up sweet potato pie recipe, perfect for Thanksgiving. You can have Sweet potato pie using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet potato pie
- It’s 2 of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla flavor.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 2 of ready to bake pie crust.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
While most dessert pack empty calories, this dessert is made with healthy sweet potatoes, which are high in beta-carotene and. A sweet potato pie to accompany your sweet potato casserole at Thanksgiving. Many sweet potato pie recipes call for boiling the sweet potatoes on the stovetop until tender, but I believe that the best sweet potato pie is made from baked sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are sweeter than pumpkins, and though the pies are usually made in the same way with eggs, cream or evaporated milk, and pie spices, sweet potato pie tends to be lighter, airier, and.
Sweet potato pie step by step
- Peel and quarter sweet potatoes. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Let potatoes simmer until fork tender..
- Drain the potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Add the remaining ingredients making sure to add the vanilla and nutmeg last..
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until center is firm and set..
- Let pie cool for one hour. Slice and serve warm..
- YUMMY !.
This homemade sweet potato pie is sweetened solely with dark brown sugar and flavored with warm fall spices. It sits atop a buttery homemade pie crust. Why not bake a sweet potato pie instead? This recipe will show you how to make a simple pie crust and a filling for sweet potato pie. Your family will love the change.