How to Prepare Appetizing Uttapam
Uttapam. Uttapam recipe with step by step photos – uttapam is a thick pancake made with fermented lentil rice batter. Topped with onions or mixed veggies. Uttapam (aka Uttappa or Oothapam) is yet another healthy breakfast This Uttapam Recipe explains entire process with step by step photos and provides tips to give it a personal touch by choosing your.
Traditionally Uttapam is made with rice and lentil batter, which can be a long process, soaking, grinding then fermenting the batter. Uttapam is like a thick Dosa or Spicy pancake topped with vegetables. Uttapam is a very popular South Indian breakfast dish. You can cook Uttapam using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Uttapam
- Prepare 1 cup of semolina.
- You need 1/2 cup of curd.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 of onion chopped.
- You need 2 of tomato chopped.
- It’s 1 of capsicum chopped.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- Prepare To taste of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s To taste of chaat masala.
- You need 2 tsp of lime juice.
- It’s As needed of refined oil.
It is similar to dosa but slightly thicker than It can be made with leftover idli dosa batter. Vegetable Uttapam can be served for breakfast or as a. Onion uttapam is one regular thing in my kitchen, I grind batter once in a Aj doesn't like uttapam, he rather likes roast dosa or cone dosa. For Vj, the only thing is he does not like the ordinary uthappam.
Uttapam step by step
- Take a bowl add semolina,curd, salt and make the batter with the help of water and rest it for 20 minutes.
- Take a bowl add onion, tomato, capsicum,salt,red chilli powder, coriander powder,chaat masala, black pepper, lime juice and mix it and make the mixture.
- Heat the tawa apply ghee and spread the batter and add mixture and press it.
- Roast it from both sides and serve it.
Uttapam (or Uthappam) is a very popular South Indian breakfast dish. Made with standard idli/dosa batter, Uttapams are thicker than the normal dosa. Serve this with chutney and sambar of choice. We have a large collection of different types of Uttpam. Yes, it's clearly evident that Uttapam and the different types of Uttpam recipes are super.