Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty All The Spices Tea Loaf
All The Spices Tea Loaf.
You can have All The Spices Tea Loaf using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of All The Spices Tea Loaf
- Prepare of sultanas.
- It’s of hot strong tea.
- It’s of self raising flour.
- You need of chopped walnuts.
- It’s of cinnamon.
- You need of ground ginger.
- Prepare of ground allspice.
- Prepare of ground cloves.
- Prepare of jaggery.
- It’s of large egg, beaten.
All The Spices Tea Loaf step by step
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Lightly grease a loaf tin..
- Cover the sultanas with the hot tea. Leave to steep for at least 1 hour, preferably 2 to 3 hours..
- In a large bowl sift in the flour. Add all the spices, grate in the jaggery and add the walnuts. Give all this a good stir so that it’s well combined..
- Add the tea/sultana mix into the flour mixture and, using a spatula, fold it all in being careful not to over stir. Finally, add in the egg and fold that in so that it’s fully incorporated..
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and spread evenly using your spatula. Pop it into until a skewer comes out clean when poked into the middle when done, about 1 hour..
- Remove from the oven, let it stand for 10 minutes and then remove from the tin and let it cool on a wire rack..
- Store in an air tight container for 3 to 4 days. I bet it won’t hang around that long though!.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)