Easiest Way to Make Tasty strawberry mostachon (mexican meringue pie)
strawberry mostachon (mexican meringue pie). Using an offset spatula, spread the frosting all over the cake. Garnish with the strawberries and serve. Great recipe for strawberry mostachon (mexican meringue pie). this a fresh light and airy pie that contains no flour.
Believed to have originated in Monterrey in Mexico's north-east, mostachon is a traditional meringue cake, which typically includes crushed plain biscuits and walnuts in the meringue to create an extra crisp base. The topping is dependent on whatever fruit is in season. Mostachon: Mostachon is a Mexican dessert dish that I learned to make from my Tia Telma. You can cook strawberry mostachon (mexican meringue pie) using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of strawberry mostachon (mexican meringue pie)
- Prepare of base.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cream of tartar.
- Prepare 2 cup of crushed ritz crackers.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need 4 large of egg whites.
- You need of topping.
- You need 1 packages of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped strawberries.
Wash your fruit and with your strawberries, cut the stem-leaf part and place it down on its' white part (or used to be stem part). Using an offset spatula, spread the frosting all over the cake. Garnish with the strawberries and serve. The hardest part is placing the berries on it.
strawberry mostachon (mexican meringue pie) instructions
- preheat oven to 350°f.
- in a clean glass, or copper bowl whip eggwhites and cream of tartar with an electic mixer until soft peaks form.
- add baking powder and vanilla and continue beating for 30 seconds.
- and sugar a tablespoon at a time until the mixture forms stiff peaks (it should look white and glossy).
- stop beating with mixer and fold in crackers and pecans with a spatula being careful not to deflate the meringue mixture.
- pour into a greased 8 inch cake pan and bake for 30-45 minutes until the meringue is dry and golden brown.
- meanwhile meringue is in the oven prepare the topping.
- whip cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy add vanilla extract and whipping cream and continue beating until it has doubled in size.
- once meringue is out of the oven let cool for about 1 hour.
- place on a serving platter top with the whipped cream mixture and chopped strawberries and enjoy!.
- *Note: left overs should be stored in the refrigerator.
Mostachon Cake is light, airy, crunchy, salty and not overly sweet. This desert has a meringue base and I used walnuts in this recipe but you can substitute pecans, almonds or another type of nut..strawberries mostachon, it's easier than you imagine and its taste is spectacular, the combination of crackers with walnut, meringue and strawberries will For the bitumen, add the cheese with the vanilla and the sugar until the lumps break up. Cover the mostachón with the bitumen, decorate with. Strawberry/Mango Mostachon Mostachon de Fresa/Mango(Personal size/tamaño personal) #brownsvilletx #mostachon #mango #strawberry. This is one of my favourite homemade cakes.