Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Gingerbread Whoppie Pies
Gingerbread Whoppie Pies.
You can cook Gingerbread Whoppie Pies using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gingerbread Whoppie Pies
- Prepare 4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter,at room temperature.
- You need 4 tbsp of vegtable shortning such as crisco.
- It’s 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 1 large of egg.
- It’s 3/4 cup of molasses.
- You need 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 3 cup of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter at room temperature.
- You need 3 tbsp of heavy cream, a tablespoon more if needed to thin out filling.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Gingerbread Whoppie Pies instructions
- For Cakes.
- position rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 325.Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper..
- Mix together the flour, ginger, cinnamon. cloves, nutmeg, baking soda and salt onto a sheet of waxed paper or foil.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together butter, shortening, and brown sugar on low speed just until combined then increase to medium speed and beat until fluffy and smooth, about 5 minutes. Add the egg, beat well then then the molasses.
- Add half of the flour mixture and half of the buttermilk to the batter.Add the remaining flour and buttermilk and beat until just combined.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons batter 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets.Bake one sheet at a time about 10=12 minutes until the pies springe back when pressed gently. Remove from the oven and let the cakes cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool..
- Spread filling evenly on half of pies, top with other half to sandwich filling between.
- For Filling.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with confectioners sugar on low,increasing to medium until mixture is crumbly, about 1 minute.Add the heavy cream and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy. Use as filling for the whoopee pies.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)