Recipe: Tasty Fruit Cocktail Pie
Fruit Cocktail Pie.
You can have Fruit Cocktail Pie using 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fruit Cocktail Pie
- It’s of Meringue pie shell.
- It’s 2 of egg whites.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Pie filling.
- Prepare 4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 can of fruit cocktail, 15oz. each, very well drained..
Fruit Cocktail Pie instructions
- MERINGUE SHELL:.
- preheat oven to 275°.
- in a small grease free bowl beat egg whites until foamy..
- add cream of tartar and beat until stiff..
- gradually add vanilla then gradually add sugar while beating constant..
- spoon meringue into 2 9inch pie pans. just enough so that it covers the bottom and the sides. (you will probably have some left over..
- bake for one hour then turn off oven and let meringue cool inside the oven..
- cool completely before going to next step..
- combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla. mix well.
- fold in the well drained fruit cocktail..
- spoon half the mix into each meringue shell..
- refrigerate for 2 hours before serving..
- makes 2 pies. keep pie refrigerated when not being eaten..
- this is a very sweet pie. if you don't like super sweet dont make it.. lol. :).
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)