How to Prepare Delicious Gujarati Dhokla
Gujarati Dhokla. Dhokla are popular Gujarati snack that are light, fluffy, tasty and healthy. You can make this easy instant dhokla recipe at home and enjoy with your loved ones. It is traditionally steamed, but can also be prepared in a microwave, oven or a pressure cooker.
Dhokla can be eaten for breakfast, as a main course, as a side dish, or as a snack. Dhokla is very similar to Khaman, however Dhokla is made of batter derived from mixture of rice flour and chickpea. It is a very popular snack from Gujarati cuisine. You can have Gujarati Dhokla using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gujarati Dhokla
- It’s For of Dhokla batter:.
- It’s 1/2 bowl of gram flour.
- It’s 1/2 bowl of semolina.
- You need 1/2 bowl of curd.
- It’s 1 pinch of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of lime juice.
- You need 2 tsp of refined oil.
- Prepare As needed of lukewarm water.
- Prepare For of dhokla water:.
- It’s 1 tsp of refined oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare To taste of lime juice.
- You need 2 of green chillies, chopped.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- It’s To taste of sugar.
- It’s 3 glasses of water.
Living in a suburb in Mumbai, there was this guy in the vegetable market who would sell dhokla made with fermented batter. Dhokla is made in many ways, like Besan Dhokla, Rava Dhokla, Khatta Dhokla, Paneer Dhokla, Instant Dhokla. Besan's Dhokla is very tasty to eat. Due to the ripening in steam, oil usage is very low.
Gujarati Dhokla instructions
- Take a big bowl add gram flour, semolina, curd, salt, sugar, turmeric powder, refined oil and mix well and make the batter with the help of water..
- Now grease the microwave bowl and add mixture and bake it for 3-4 minutes..
- Heat the pan add refined oil..
- Add mustard seeds, green chilli and saute it..
- Add water and boil it for 2 minutes..
- Add salt, sugar, lime juice and mix well..
- Turn off the flame..
- When water is little cool then add the dhokla pieces in it for 30 minutes..
If you leave things made from oil then Dhokla is the best option for you. Dhokla is a popular Gujarati Farsan recipe. We have various Dhokla preparations like Vaati Dal Na Khaman, Idada, Sev Khamani, Makai Na Dhokla, etc. In this season of Garba and festival of Navratri we would like to bring Farali Dhokla recipe. This dhokla is prepared using Moraiyo and has some traditional spices.