Recipe: Yummy Mango Pie
Mango Pie. Recipe from Kanta and Hrishikesh Hirway. Adapted by Samin Nosrat. "Out of that cultural mash-up, my mom started making this mango pie," he said. This mango pie with a jelly layer is light, creamy, fruity, smooth, and very delicious.
See recipes for Pineapple Mango Pie, Mango pie too. Mango pie actually tastes a bit like peach pie, with a hint of tropical-ness(?). Which is fine with me It seemed like the right thing to do. You can cook Mango Pie using 18 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mango Pie
- You need of Pastry.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 3/8 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 of egg yolks.
- It’s 2 tsp of heavy cream.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Mango Custard.
- You need 3/4 cup of cold water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of plus 1/4 teaspoon powdered gelatin (2 1/2 packages at 2 1/2 teaspoons per pack).
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream, chilled.
- It’s 4 ounces of cream cheese, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 (30 ounce) of can Alphonso mango purée (3 1/4 cups).
- It’s 1 of large pinch sea salt.
- It’s of Topping.
- You need 4 of mangoes, chilled and thinly sliced.
Have your dough chilled and ready. I want to eat something different with mango and my sister suggested to make a mango pie so that we can shared the recipe with you too. This green mango pie makes an unusual treat, the sweet-tart flavor is irresistible! Mango Pie. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Mango Pie instructions
- Place the flour, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor, stand mixer, or in a medium mixing bowl..
- Pulse/stir/cut in the butter with a pastry blender, until the mixture resembles coarse meal..
- Add the egg yolk, cream, and vanilla, and process/mix/stir until the dough gathers itself into a ball and pulls away cleanly from the sides of the bowl..
- Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour..
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to a thickness of about 1/8-inch..
- Press the dough gently into the tart pan(s), trimming away any excess..
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees F—prick the bottom with the tines of a fork. This will prevent it from getting air trapped underneath and poofing up as it bakes..
- Place 3/4 cup cold water in a large bowl. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup sugar with the gelatin; sprinkle mixture evenly over the surface of the cold water. Let sit a few minutes to bloom..
- In the meantime, whip the cream and remaining 1/4 cup sugar together until medium-stiff peaks form. Set aside..
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm 1 cup of the mango purée to body temperature (stir to make sure you are just warming it and not bringing it to a boil)..
- Pour warmed mango purée over gelatin mixture, and whisk until well combined. Gelatin should dissolve into mango completely. Gradually whisk in remaining mango purée..
- Use a rubber spatula to beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl until it is soft and smooth, then add to mango mixture along with a large pinch of sea salt..
- Use an immersion blender to blend until completely smooth, tipping the bowl to make sure you’ve incorporated everything well. Gently tap the bowl on the counter once or twice to pop any air bubbles..
- Use the spatula to gently fold about 1/4 of the mango mixture into the whipped cream, then fold cream into the larger amount of mixture until no streaks remain..
- Pour custard onto the cooled crust. Use a rubber spatula to smooth out the filling..
- Arrange mango slices in concentric circles starting from the center..
- Refrigerate 5 hours or overnight until firm and chilled. Serve chilled..
Mango Pie: Mango pie is one of my favorites! It's similar in flavor to a peach pie, but a bit more tart. I add cardamom to my mango pie because the flavors work beautifully together. Locals farmers sell mango pie, mango ice cream, mango juice and mango preserves to No-Bake Mango Pie Recipe. This recipe has been adapted from the magazine, "Mexico Desconocido, in their.