How to Make Perfect Key Lime Pie
Key Lime Pie.
You can cook Key Lime Pie using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Key Lime Pie
- Prepare of Graham Cracker Crust*.
- You need 2 cups of crushed graham crackers (roughly 12 full crackers).
- It’s 7 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need of Pie Filling*.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/2 tbsp key lime zest (save a pinch for garnish).
- You need 3 of egg yolks.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can of sweetened and condensed milk.
- It’s 3/4 cup of key lime juice (or however much you can get from 1lb).
- It’s of Whipped Cream*.
- It’s 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of powered sugar.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of vanilla extract.
Key Lime Pie step by step
- Mix together melted butter, crushed graham crackers, sugar and salt.
- Spread your graham cracker mixture evenly into your pie dish to build your crust. Make sure to press down to flatten out the crumbs..
- Bake pie crust for 10 minutes in a 350° oven..
- Next using an electric mixer, blend together your egg yolks and key lime zest until fluffy (be sure to save a few pinches of zest for your garnish at the end!).
- Blend in sweetened and condensed milk until smooth.
- Lastly..mix in your hard earned key lime juice!.
- Pour your mixture over your graham cracker crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- For the whipped cream, add all ingredients into a bowl and mix for several minutes using an electric mixer. Mix until smooth and fluffy!.
- Let your pie chill for at least 2 hours before adding your whipped cream. I like to let it get to room temperature and THEN put it into the fridge until it's nice and cold..
- Add whipped cream and garnish with lime zest! Enjoy!.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)