How to Make Appetizing Banoffee Pie
You can cook Banoffee Pie using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banoffee Pie
- It’s 1 can of sweetened, condensed milk, label removed.
- You need 5 Tblsp. of butter, melted.
- You need 6 Tblsp. of sugar, divided.
- You need 1 + 1/4 cups of graham cracker crumbs.
- Prepare 2 of large or 3 medium bananas, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 cups of chilled, heavy cream.
Banoffee Pie step by step
- In a medium pot, place the can of sweetened condensed milk in covered with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat for 2 to 3 hours. Keep adding water so that the can is always covered with water..
- Remove can from pot and allow a couple of hours to cool, otherwise it will not set properly..
- Heat oven to 325F. Mix the graham cracker crumbs and 3 tblsp. sugar in a medium bowl. Add the melted butter and stir with a fork. Put the crumbs in a 9 inch deep dish pie plate and spread evenly over bottom of pan and up the sides. Bake 15 minutes and then cool to room temperature..
- Place the sliced bananas in the pie crust. Stir the sweetened condensed milk, that is now homemade caramel, until it's pourable. Now pour it over the bananas..
- Whip the heavy cream for a few minutes until peaks start to form. Add the sugar and vanilla extract. Whip to combine. Spread the whipped cream over the caramel layer. Place in the fridge and allow to set. Remove and enjoy!.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)