Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme
Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme. Tender spring-dug potatoes and carrots need very little fussing over. Simply roast them and toss with thyme and butter for an easy side dish. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and add potatoes.
Didn't have any parsnips but used carrots sweet potatoes and whole fennel. No maple syrup in house so I used wildflower honey with a. Simple oven roasted potatoes and carrots. You can have Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme
- Prepare 2 lb of Baby Yukon Gold potatoes (see Notes), scrubbed and halved lengthwise.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coarse kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced fresh thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of tablespoon butter or margarine.
- Prepare 1 lb of peeled baby carrots (this is a modification of the original recipe to save time),.
Kosher sat, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil and little bit of butter for taste. Return roast to pan, pour beef broth and optional red wine over roast. Add thyme, rosemary and bay leaf to broth. Remove from oven, add carrots and potatoes to pot and season with salt and pepper.
Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme instructions
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°..
- Put carrots on large rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil..
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and add potatoes. Boil for about 5 minted till fork tender..
- While potatoes are boiling, roast carrots in oven, when potatoes are done, drain them completely and spread on a large rimmed baking sheet with carrots, drizzle vegetables with olive oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and gently toss to coat evenly. Bake, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are golden brown, about 20 minutes..
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl and add thyme and butter or margarine; gently toss to coat evenly. Serve warm or at room temperature..
Peel the carrots and parsnips and cut them in half lengthwise, larger ones can be quartered. Drizzle the carrots and parsnips with the olive oil and honey. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, Parsnips and Brussels Sprouts. Try these oven-baked potatoes with fresh rosemary and thyme.