Recipe: Perfect Sweet potato & fish tagine
Sweet potato & fish tagine. The sweet potato or sweetpotato (Ipomoea batatas) is a dicotyledonous plant that belongs to the bindweed or morning glory family, Convolvulaceae. Sweet potatoes are considered a low-glycemic food and high in fiber, which means they release and absorb glucose into the bloodstream very slowly, preventing a spike in blood sugar. The sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) is a member of the Convolvulaceae family of flowering plants, which includes the morning glory, chokeweed, and water spinach.
They can be eaten boiled, baked, steamed, or fried. Sweet potatoes are usually orange but also found in other colors, such as white. Blend your sweet potatoes into a delicious soup balanced with ginger, coconut and lime. You can have Sweet potato & fish tagine using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet potato & fish tagine
- It’s 2 of sides of fresh Sea Bass.
- Prepare 1 of big handful of cooked King Prawns.
- Prepare 4 of medium sweet potatoes.
- It’s 5 of dried pitted dates.
- You need 1 of large red onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 tsp of freshly grated ginger.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato puree or paste.
- It’s 1.5 of sp ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 350 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 sprig of fresh chopped coriander.
Any potato hash recipe is made better with sweet potatoes, and from there, you can add anything you want. The sweet potato is probably one of the most-versatile vegetables. Find recipes for all the different ways you can prepare sweet potatoes here. Sweet Potato Recipes to Try at Home.
Sweet potato & fish tagine instructions
- Rub oil into your tagine and put it in the oven on a medium heat (200ºC).
- Cut the Sea Bass into big chunks and brown it in a large pan, then set this aside.
- Turn the pan down and soften the onion, frying it for 4 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic, tomato puree, ground cumin, coriander and cinnamon, mix and cook for 2 mins.
- Put the sauce into the tagine along with the dates, the fish and the prawns, cover and cook for 20 mins.
- Serve and garnish with a sprinkling of fresh coriander.
Whenever I find information that will help promote optimal health, I am always eager to share it with all. Sweet potatoes are a hearty, delicious veggie. Sweet potatoes are versatile, filling and packed with goodness. Serve this super root veg in curries, soups and salads, or turn them into mash or fries. Sweet Potato Sweet potato in flower Hemingway, South Carolina Scientific classification.