Recipe: Perfect Beer Battered Fish and Chips
Beer Battered Fish and Chips.
You can cook Beer Battered Fish and Chips using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beer Battered Fish and Chips
- It’s 6 of cod fillets (or haddock).
- Prepare 5 of large potatoes.
- You need 1 of egg white.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 can of beer, dark beer works great.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 pint of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare to taste of malt vinegar.
Beer Battered Fish and Chips step by step
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl..
- Crack the egg and separate out the yolk from the white..
- Briskly beat the egg white until aerated..
- Then add the baking powder, egg white and your 1/2 can of beer to the bowl of flour.
- And genltly mix until it has a creamy texture then set to one side..
- Wash your potatoes and roughly cut into chips.
- Bring the oil to a high heat and add the chips carefully. Cook for about 4 minutes then remove from the oil and lay on a paper towel..
- Next lay out your fish fillets and season well with salt and pepper..
- Now, gently dip your fish fillets into the batter mixture.
- Then allow the excess batter to run off.
- And gently lay the fish pieces into the hot oil..
- After about 4 minutes when the fish pieces are golden brown, gently remove them from the oil and lay on a paper towel..
- Put the chips back back in the hot oil for a minute or two if you need to, to crisp them up.
- For a bit of fun, serve the fish in a piece of newspaper and don't forget plenty of salt and malt vinegar!.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)