Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Malabar fish biriyani
Malabar fish biriyani. Malabar fish biriyani is a kerala style of making Fish Biriyani. Malabar Fish Biryani is a traditional Kerela style dish, where the fish is layered delicately between the rice, and the masalas gently soak into the rice to. This is a Malabar Style Fish Biriyani.
Living in Malabar has introduced me to many of their wonderful cuisines.though I have not posted any Malabar. In Malabar region, fishes like Seer Fish and Pomfret are used for making biriyani dishes. Fish Biriyani in Malabar Style is a unique and special dish with cooked Seer fish layered alternatively with. You can cook Malabar fish biriyani using 32 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Malabar fish biriyani
- Prepare 6 of Fish piece.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic chopped.
- Prepare 3 of onions sliced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 of tomato chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of curd.
- You need 1 tbsp of mint leaves chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Coriander leaves chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Curry leaves chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lime juice Fresh.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Poppy seeds.
- It’s as required of Coconut oil.
- You need as required of Salt.
- It’s 2 cups of Basmati rice rice / Kaima.
- You need 2 of onion sliced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cardamom.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cloves.
- You need 3 of cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lime juice fresh.
- Prepare 4 cups of water boiled.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of vanaspathi.
- Prepare 2 tsps of ghee.
- It’s as required of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of Cashew nut.
- It’s 2 tbsps of Raisin.
- Prepare 1 of Onion sliced.
- You need 2 tbsps of Ghee.
Malabar fish Biriyani is a Kerala style of making Fish Biriyani. It is very popular is in the Malabar region in Kerala, hence the name Malabar Biriyani. This aromatic and flavorful Briyani is simple. Fish Biriyani is a popular and traditional Indian dish which is famous in every corner of India.
Malabar fish biriyani instructions
- Cut the fish into thin slices..
- Prepare a mixture with 1/2 tbsp chilly powder, turmeric powder, 1/2 tbsp lime juice and a pinch of salt..
- Marinate the fish pieces in this chilly mixture for 15 minutes..
- Take a pan and pour oil. Heat the oil and fry the marinated fish pieces until golden brown. Keep this aside..
- Sautéthe sliced onions in the same oil..
- Add chopped ginger, chopped garlic and green chillies. Saute for some time..
- Add mint leaves, coriander leaves and curry leaves. after some time add tomatoes..
- Add remaining chilly powder, coriander powder and required salt..
- Add poppy seeds, chopped tomatoes and curd. Mix well in low heat..
- Stir in the fried fish pieces, and 1/4 tsp garam masala powder..
- Remove from fire when the gravy thickens. Keep this aside..
- Wash the biriyani rice and drain well..
- Take a pan and pour ghee..
- Heat the ghee and sauté cashew nuts and raisins and keep aside..
- Then fry the thinly sliced onions until golden colour. Remove the fried onions and keep this aside..
- In the same ghee add vanaspathi, splutter cardamom, cloves, pepper and cinnamon. Add onions and sauté well..
- Stir in drained rice and fry for 5 minutes..
- Add hot water, lime juice and required salt..
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 5 minute (It will change according to the rice)..
- Remove from fire. Keep this aside..
- Take a deep vessel and put one layer of fish masala. Follow up with a layer of rice, fried onions, raisins and cashew nuts.Repeat one more layer on top. Cover with a lid and and cook for 10 minutes in low heat..
- Serve hot with pickle and raitha..
May be nowadays other cultures are. Malabar Fish Biryani Recipe, Learn how to make Malabar Fish Biryani (absolutely This Malabar Fish Biryani recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes, tried & tested recipes from NDTV Food. Fish Biriyani, Malabar Fish Biriyani Recipe, Malabar Fish Biriyani preparation, ingredients and cooking Marinate fish with chilli,tumuric and salt.take a pan, heat the oil, then light fry the fish. Fish Biriyani – Spicy and flavorful malabar fish biriyani recipe. I got this recipe from my MIL who is an expert in making biryani.