Easiest Way to Make Yummy General’s Chicken
General’s Chicken. General Tso's chicken 左宗棠雞 (pronounced [tswò]) is a sweet deep-fried chicken dish that is served in North American Chinese restaurants. Take a pic and share yours in the comments below! This is a popular Chinese-American dish that appears in suburban Chinese restaurants here in Australia under various other guises.
This healthier lightened up version is wok sautéed instead of deep fried, and made. General Tso's Chicken was one of my favorite college days late night Chinese food delivery orders. The spicier, zestier less popular cousin to the ever popular Orange Chicken, General Tso's Chicken. You can have General’s Chicken using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of General’s Chicken
- You need 8 pieces of chicken wings.
- It’s 1 piece of eggplant, sliced thinly into 2×3 inch chips lengthwise.
- It’s 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour, or enough flour for chicken.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour for eggplant.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 of chilli flakes (optional to include or add more if desired).
- It’s 2 tablespoon of rice wine.
- You need 2 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoon of white sugar (adjust according to taste).
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar (adjust according to taste).
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of lemon or calamansi juice.
- Prepare of Cooking oil for deep fry of chicken and eggplant (fry separately).
General's Chicken is a Lovian fried chicken fast food restaurant chain. General Chicken's chicken comes fried, battered and breaded. This recipe for General Tso's chicken is battered crispy chicken pieces tossed in a sweet and spicy sauce. General Tso's chicken is one of my all time favorite Chinese food dishes.
General’s Chicken step by step
- Prepare eggplant chips. Cut the eggplant into 2×3 inch lengthwise chips. Layout on top of a kitchen cloth, cover on top with another cloth to dry. Leave for around 15 minutes. Once dry, dredge in flour and set aside for frying..
- Prepare chicken and batter. Mix the eggs with flour, beat until well incorporated. Dip the chicken pieces in the batter and coat throroughly when ready to deep fry..
- Prepare the sauce. Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl except for the garlic and chilli flakes. Sauce ingredients are vinegar, soy sauce, rice wine, sugar, flour, lemon / calamansi juice. Taste and adjust sauce according to taste. Set aside..
- Fry eggplant and chicken. Heat oil in deep fryer or wok. Deep fry eggplant chips until golden / dark brown in colour. Set aside. Remove excess oil. Deep fry chicken until golden brown in colour. Set aside..
- Serving and plating the dish. 5-10 minutes before serving, saute minced garlic and chilli flakes in frying pan. Add chicken to reheat. Stir to coat chicken pieces with garlic and chilli flakes. Add prepared sauce into pan and let simmer until sayce thickens, mixing well to chicken. Add eggplant chips and stir to coat chips with sauce as well..
Skip the takeout and make this delicious General Tso's Chicken at home! You'll fall in love with the sweet & spicy sauce poured over the crispy chicken. General Tso's chicken, with an extra-crisp coating that stays crisp even when coated in a glossy If the British can proudly call Chicken Tikka Masala their national dish, then surely it's time that General. General Tso's Chicken–fried chicken pieces in a sweet & spicy sauce with crunchy broccoli. General Tso's Chicken was supposedly named after Zuo Zongtang, a military leader from Hunan.