Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Stewed Figs in Wine Compote
Stewed Figs in Wine Compote.
You can cook Stewed Figs in Wine Compote using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stewed Figs in Wine Compote
- It’s 6 of Figs (see tips).
- It’s 100 ml of Wine (red or white, whichever you prefer).
- It’s 45 grams of Granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 4 of light shakes Cinnamon.
Stewed Figs in Wine Compote step by step
- Gently wash the figs, pat dry, and cut off the hard tips..
- Add Step 1 and all of the ingredients up to the granulated sugar, and turn on the heat. After it come to a boil, reduce to a low, cover with a sheet of aluminum foil, and continue boiling for 15 minutes..
- Flip over the fruit from time to time. Add lemon juice and cinnamon in the last two minutes. They are soft so be careful not to crush them..
- Tip: Add lemon juice after the figs' juices have seeped out. This will improve the color and have a prettier finish..
- Let cool in the pot. Transfer to a container after it cools, chill in the fridge, and it is done. I made it with red wine..
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)