Recipe: Perfect Garlic-Lime Pepper Shrimp Pasta
Garlic-Lime Pepper Shrimp Pasta.
You can cook Garlic-Lime Pepper Shrimp Pasta using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Garlic-Lime Pepper Shrimp Pasta
- It’s 1/2 box of linguine pasta.
- It’s 40-50 of large raw shrimp.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, julienned.
- You need 1/2 of onion, julienned.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 3/4 stick of butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of white wine.
- You need 3 dashes of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s of Lime juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of pesto.
- It’s of Dried oregano.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
Garlic-Lime Pepper Shrimp Pasta instructions
- Cook the pasta al dente, strain and set aside. Before straining add a bit of the pasta water to the skillet you’re about to use..
- In a large, deep skillet with the bit of pasta water add the oil, butter, balsamic, garlic and wine. Put on low heat until everything is blended and simmering..
- Add the shrimp to the skillet. They should all be flat and not on top of each other. That’s why you need a big skillet. Liberally add some of the dried oregano. Simmer for a few minutes then stir so the other sides of the shrimp are down and simmer a few more minutes. Stir in the julienned pepper and onion..
- Leave to simmer on low, uncovered, about about 8-10 mins..
- Stir in the pesto and some more oregano. Squeeze some of the lime juice over everything. Not much, the lime should be subtle. (I used one of those fake plastic limes full of juice they sell in liquor stores. About a quarter of one of those was good). Continue simmering and stirring another 5 minutes or so. You’ll know the shrimp is done when it’s turned from grey to pink and solid white and they start to curl up a bit..
- Leave on low heat and add the cooked pasta. Mix thoroughly so the pasta absorbs the liquids and the ingredients are well distributed. Feel free to sprinkle a little more oregano or even garlic powder on top (if you’re a garlic luvn fool like this guy) Dish into bowls, garnish with Parmesan cheese and fall in love with food 😍.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)