Recipe: Delicious Stuffed Beetroot Pancakes
Stuffed Beetroot Pancakes. Compare Prices on Stuffed Pancakes in Cookware. These fun pink beet pancakes are quickly mixed in your blender, are super kid-friendly, full of healthy beets, naturally sweetened and can easily be made gluten free. Jump to Recipe In my experience as a mom and teacher, kids love bright, fun food.
For the stuffing I used scrapped coconut , whit. Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini. Delicious, beetroot-infused fluffy pancakes that are naturally dairy and egg-free and are wheat-free and can be made gluten-free. You can have Stuffed Beetroot Pancakes using 12 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Beetroot Pancakes
- You need 1 cup of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded Beetroot.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of Sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 of th teaspoon Eno or Fruit Salt.
- Prepare of Butter as required to grease the pan.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s of Stuffing.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of shredded fresh Coconut.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of white Chocolate chips.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Condensed Milk.
Sprinkle the flour and knead the dough until smooth with a creamy thickness. Rinse leaves well, then pour boiling water over them to cover. Combine beef, onion, rice, and dill. Place each log on stem end of a beet leaf.
Stuffed Beetroot Pancakes instructions
- Take the scrapped beetroot and squeeze out to extract juices..
- Reserve the beetroot juice..
- In a big mixing bowl add all purpose flour, baking powder and sugar..
- Mix well to combine..
- Add coconut milk, beetroot juice and 1 beaten egg. You can substitute egg with 1 tablespoon of yoghurt..
- Mix well to incorporate everything well. Add water if necessary..
- The consistency of the batter should be little thin(like dosa batter)..
- Keep aside for 15 minutes..
- In the meantime make the stuffing..
- In a pan heat scrapped coconut and saute for 2-3 minutes..
- Add condensed milk and cook for a minute..
- Add white chocolate. Stir and cook until chocolate melts..
- Remove from heat. Stuffing is ready..
- Now at the time of making the pancakes add fruit salt or eno to the batter and mix well..
- Heat a small non stick pan..
- Grease the pan with little butter. Keep flame on low..
- Place 1 tablespoon of batter at a time to the pan..
- Add 1 teaspoon of stuffing at the centre of the pancake..
- Cover the stuffing with 1/2 tablespoon of more batter..
- Be careful to cover the stuffing. Slowly pour batter over the stuffing. Pour just enough to cover the stuffing..
- Cook in low heat for a minute..
- Flip the pancake when it is about to set..
- Cook for few seconds. Don't overcook otherwise the pancake will change colour. Add little butter if necessary..
- Remove from heat and repeat the process to make all the pancakes..
- One pancake cooks completely within 1and 1/2 minutes only..
Try a savoury pancake recipe this Shrove Tuesday. In a blender or food processor, pulse the cooked beet, flour, milk, egg, vegetable oil, and vinegar until smooth. Red Beet Pancakes came to me courtesy of my husband. My better half has discovered a passion for cooking. For me, this newfound culinary obsession of his is both a blessing and a curse.