Recipe: Tasty Asparagus & Lemon Risotto
Asparagus & Lemon Risotto. Asparagus is the name a genus of plants within the flowering plant family Asparagaceae, as well as a type of vegetable obtained from one species within the genus Asparagus, specifically the young shoots of Asparagus officinalis. Asparagus is one of the first plants that greets us in springtime! In this episode we discuss pH, Soil Composition, spacing, harvesting, How to harvest, mulching, and how to fertilize your.
The garden asparagus is widely cultivated as a vegetable for its succulent spring stalks. Asparagus, officially known as Asparagus officinalis , is a member of the lily family. This popular vegetable comes in a variety of colors, including green, white and purple. You can cook Asparagus & Lemon Risotto using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Asparagus & Lemon Risotto
- It’s 1 cup of rice, Arborio, Italian short-grain rice.
- You need 200 g of Parma ham.
- It’s 1 of bunch of Aspargus, steamed and chopped.
- Prepare 2 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
- You need 4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 4 cups of chicken stock, Maggi.
- Prepare of Basil for garnish.
Asparagus & Lemon Risotto instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onions to the oil and sauté for 2-3 minutes over medium heat or until the onions are translucent..
- Add your Arborio rice. Stir the rice well with the onions and oil until the rice is coated with the oil..
- Add the wine. When the wine is almost absorbed, reduce the heat and ladle in enough stock to cover the risotto..
- When the added stock is almost absorbed, re-cover the risotto with more stock..
- Continue this process for about 20 minutes or until the risotto is tender to your liking..
- When the stock absorption rate slows down considerably, add the asparagus and drizzle in the lemon juice..
- Let it stand for 3-4 minutes and then serve in bowls wrapping the risotto with the Parma ham..