How to Make Yummy Lemon Caper Chicken
Lemon Caper Chicken. This rich lemon-caper sauce is very versatile, and can be used with a variety of light meats, poultry, and fish. Lemon caper chicken is a low carb dish that's bursting with flavor. Have you ever had capers before?
Add lemon caper sauce and thyme sprigs to the same pan used to cook the chicken. This lemony chicken piccata from Delish.com is the bomb. This one-pan lemony chicken is a total winner. You can cook Lemon Caper Chicken using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Caper Chicken
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts or 12 chicken tenders Chicken breast or tenders.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Plain flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of (all of the juice, and 1 dash of lemon peel for decoration ＊Lemon.
- You need 3 tbsp of ＊Capers.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ＊Butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ＊Garlic (finely chopped).
- Prepare 200 ml of ＊Consomme soup.
- It’s 50 ml of ＊White wine.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of ＊Plain flour.
- Prepare 1 dash of for decoration Italian parsley.
- Prepare 1 of to pound the chicken breast to make it thinner *Meat mallet.
- It’s 1 of same as above *Plastic wrap.
This simple chicken recipes features chicken breasts browned in a skillet then topped with a flavorful sauce of lemon. If you like Picatta then you'll love this! Add lemon juice, wine or sherry, and chicken broth and tomatoes to the pan. Season sauce with salt & pepper if necessary.
Lemon Caper Chicken step by step
- Cut the chicken breasts into 2-3 even-sized portions. If using chicken tenders, remove the sinew, and use as they are..
- Place the meat between 2 sheets of cling film, pound it with a mallet until it is about 1.2 times of its original size and flat evenly..
- Preparing the sauce. Squeeze the lemon, slice off a piece of lemon peel, and set it aside..
- Combine the lemon juice, consommé soup, white wine, and plain flour in a bowl..
- Remove the chicken from the cling film, season with salt and pepper, and lightly coat with the plain flour..
- Pour the olive oil in a frying pan, and sauté both sides of the chicken over medium heat..
- When the chicken is cooked through, remove from the frying pan..
- Heat the same frying pan over low heat, add the butter, and sauté the finely chopped garlic..
- Turn up the heat to medium heat, pour in the sauce ingredients from Step 3 all at once, and stir with a spatula until it thickens..
- When the sauce is thickened, add the capers (roughly chop them if you like), and mix..
- Place the sautéed chicken pack in the frying pan, and coat with the sauce..
- Serve the chicken on a plate, spoon over the sauce, garnish with parsley (or lemon peel, or sliced lemon to taste), and it's ready..
Click here to PIN Grilled Chicken with Lemon, Capers, and Oregano! So today I'm easing back into work by reminding you of this favorite Grilled Chicken with Lemon, Capers, and Oregano. Lemon Caper Chicken is a classic restaurant recipe you'll enjoy for a delicious dinner again and again. It's a healthier version of chicken piccata, made with clean eating (real-food) ingredients! Lemon Caper Chicken: In developing this recipe, I was aiming for a result that was both easy to make, and healthy.