Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Mexican meatloaf
Mexican meatloaf. Browse Our Fast And Easy Meatloaf Recipes Collection. In a heavy skillet, add the oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic.
In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. This Mexican-inspired meatloaf is flavored with hot and spicy cheese crackers and topped with Cheddar cheese and chunky salsa. My Mexican grandmother would use leftover corn tortilla chips in our meatloaf and everyone loved it! You can have Mexican meatloaf using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican meatloaf
- You need 1 packages of taco seasoning.
- It’s 1 can of enchilada sauce.
- It’s 1 box of taco shells crunched up.
- Prepare 3 lb of ground hamburger.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of taco sauce or salsa.
- You need 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of mexican cheese.
- You need 1 of tomato chopped.
- It’s 1 packages of ranch dressing.
- Prepare 1 packages of spanish rice cooked.
They all wanted seconds along with the recipe. Mexican meatloaf is a comfort food recipe your family and guests will enjoy. If you like Mexican food, you will like this versatile recipe you can adjust to your liking by making it hot or mild and using spices of your choice. The second time around I changed up some ingredients and omitted the ketchup.
Mexican meatloaf step by step
- Take following ingredients and stir thoroughly meatloaf wont be firm like most even after cooking.
- Place meat in crockpot n press down wont be firm like normal meat loafs turn crock pot on low cook for five to six hours each crockpot is different on times.
- Get help use spatula n drain meat loaf grease out of crockpot next preheat oven to 350 take 13×9 dish transfer meat pressing it down again wont be firm.
- After meat is in the 13×9 dish add cheese then chopped tomato n taco shells then pour the enchilada sauce over taco shells bake about 15 minutes till shells are done n cheese is melted.
Instead I used salsa and made it a Mexican style meatloaf! Crushed tortilla chips, taco seasoning and salsa gave it the spicy Mexican flavour that I love in other foods. I ended up eating more than John, which isn't easy to do. Well, this recipe could definitely be used for a wedding menu as the main course! Mexican Meatloaf "Being a working mother with a small budget and little time, I make a lot of dishes using ground beef," explains Alice McCauley of Beaumont, Texas. "When our son complained about having meat loaf again, I came up with this taco-seasoned version.