Easiest Way to Make Tasty Blueberry and White Chocolate Mousse
Blueberry and White Chocolate Mousse. Great single serve cheesecakes topped with delicious Lucky Leaf Blueberry Fruit Filling. Think of a ganache made with white chocolate. It's a simple yet stunning dessert and exactly the sort of cooking that's made cookbook author (For the best texture, refrigerate the mousse for an hour at the very least.) Serve sprinkled with extra blueberries, if desired.
White chocolate mixed with blueberries gives this dessert an alluring sense of sweet and strong flavors. Try substituting different berries and colors for Beat the rest of the cream with the sugar until it stiffens. Add the lavender extract and food coloring. You can cook Blueberry and White Chocolate Mousse using 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blueberry and White Chocolate Mousse
- Prepare of White Chocolate Mousse.
- It’s 100 ml of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 100 ml of Milk.
- It’s 1 of Egg yolk.
- It’s 80 grams of White chocolate.
- Prepare 10 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/2 grams of Powdered gelatin.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Rum.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of Vanilla bean paste (or vanilla essence if you don't have the paste).
- You need of Blueberry Mousse.
- It’s 150 grams of Plain yogurt.
- You need 50 ml of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 50 grams of + 1 dash to put on the bottom Blueberries (fresh or frozen).
- Prepare 1 of Egg white.
- Prepare 50 grams of Sugar.
- You need 2 1/2 grams of Powdered gelatin.
- It’s 1 tsp of Lemon juice (bottled juice is fine).
- It’s 1 of Blueberry sauce to finish.
Carefully mix into the chocolate mixture. A tempting combination of white chocolate and blueberry crush, this is another easy-to-make mousse that you cannot resist! You would definitely have come across blueberry cheesecake, but this mousse might be quite new to you; so make sure you try it next time you host a party. Add the white chocolate to the bowl and mix them together with a whisk.
Blueberry and White Chocolate Mousse instructions
- Add 1.5 tablespoon of water to each batch of powdered gelatin to soften. If you are using frozen blueberries, defrost and bring to room temperature..
- Put 5 blueberries in the bottom of each cup..
- Make the white chocolate mousse: Whip the cream until soft peaks form, and refrigerate. The peaks in the cream should flop over softly..
- Put the egg yolk and sugar in a bowl, and beat with a whisk until pale and thick. Heat milk in a pan to about body temperature..
- Add warmed milk to the egg-sugar mixture little by little while mixing. When all the milk is added, put the mixture in the pan and heat while mixing constantly until it thickens slightly..
- Turn the heat off. Dissolve the gelatin in the top of a double boiler (or in a bowl suspended over hot water). Add that and the white chocolate to the pan, and dissolve in residual heat. Add vanilla beans and rum also, and mix well..
- Return the mixture to the bowl, and put the bowl over ice water. Stir until it has cooled down, then add the whipped cream and mix in evenly. Pour quickly into the cups..
- Chill until set in the refrigerator. In the meantime, make the blueberry mousse..
- Add half the sugar to the fresh cream and beat until soft peaks form. In another bowl, make a meringue by beating the rest of the sugar with the egg white until stiff peaks form..
- Puree the blueberries, yogurt and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Dissolve the gelatin in the top of a double boiler (or in a bowl suspended over hot water). Add gelatin to the blender or food processor and blend..
- Add the pureeed mixture to the whipped cream, and mix evenly with a whisk..
- Add the meringue also, and mix lightly with a whisk. Change to using a rubber spatula, and fold the meringue in with a scooping motion, avoiding breaking the delicate bubbles..
- Pour the mixture onto the set white chocolate mousse, and return to the refrigerator to set again..
- When the mousse has set, pour blueberry sauce on top to finish..
- I didn't have enough cups this time so I used just 5, and they were full to the brim, but they look a lot nicer if you just fill the cups about 80% full!.
Whip the mousse until the consistency becomes a velvety mousse. Make sure not to over-whip, as the mixture will curdle. Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water. Meanwhile, whip Place a frozen blueberry gelee in the center of each and press lightly to push the mousse up the sides. Fill the molds to the top with more mousse and.