Recipe: Yummy Fattoush
Fattoush. Place romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, green onions, mint leaves, parsley, and cilantro into a large bowl. Season with salt, lemon pepper, onion flakes, celery salt, and garlic powder. Fattoush is a Lebanese salad, good for hot weather.
Purslane is succulent with a lemony flavor, and makes a nice salad green. Fattoush is essentially a "bread salad," said to have originated in Northern Lebanon. Lebanese farmers would fry leftover pita scraps in a bit of olive oil for extra flavor. You can have Fattoush using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fattoush
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of pomegranate molasses (optional).
- You need 2 teaspoon of sumac (ground).
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar.
- It’s Half of palm full of dried mint (lol) add more if like.
- Prepare of Eye the extra virgin olive oil as you pour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt (add more if like).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper (add more if like).
- It’s of Veggies.
- You need of Cherry Tomatos sliced down middle.
- Prepare of Romain Lettuce.
- You need of Yellow and orange bell pepper chopped.
- It’s 1 of Long skinny cucumber (idk the name).
- You need of Scallions chopped.
- You need of Parsley.
- It’s of Pita chips on top (not seen in photo).
And to build their fattoush, they'd simply throw the pita chips in with whatever in-season vegetables and herbs they have on hand. Coating the toasted pita in olive oil prevents it from getting soggy when mixed with the vegetables and dressing. Gradually add oil, whisking constantly, until well. At Fattoush, our chef cooks that same way; with you in mind.
- Chop all vegetables.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Mix veggies.
- Add all your dry/wet ingredients. With veggies.
- Then mix.
- Don’t forget to taste as you go because you don’t want it to be too tart/sour.
The love and care is a flavoring in every bite. Your taste-buds will be so pleased! When your family is looking for delicious, healthy, Mediterranean cuisine and a place to gather to laugh and share, bring your own bottle, we'll set the table, and our staff will help you have an. " Fattoush Chicago is the place where the locals dine out and visitors meet." Located in beautiful downtown Worth Village, Illinois, Fattoush Chicago is renowned for its culinary excellence and internationally inspired dishes. Fattoush Chicago provides its patrons with authentic Lebanese, Syrian, Palestinian and Jordanian dishes. Fattoush is the official Lebanese peasant salad, and farmers just throw in whatever spring/summer harvest they have into the bowl to build up this beauty.