Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Chicken Flautas
Chicken Flautas. Chicken Flautas is a Mexican dish. If desired serve with sour cream, picante sauce and/or Spanish rice. Chicken flautas, also known as rolled tacos, are tortillas filled with seasoned chicken and deep-fried for a tasty Mexican-inspired appetizer or meal.
Flour Tortillas – Flautas are the perfect finger food thanks to their handheld size! Avoid those labeled "Burrito Tortillas" for this recipe, and stick with standard, taco-sized flour tortillas. Make ahead: The chicken can be made in advance; refrigerate the shredded chicken with some of the cooking liquid to keep it moist. You can cook Chicken Flautas using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Flautas
- It’s can of cooking spray.
- It’s 2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 can of Green Chiles-chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter or oil.
- Prepare 8 of chicken thighs- precooked and shredded.
- You need 4 oz of sour cream.
- You need 6 oz of cream cheese- softened.
- Prepare 4 oz of salsa-I just used Tostitos brand but any will work.
- You need 1 can of sweet corn- drained.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Cheddar Cheese- shredded.
- Prepare of granulated garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 18 of tortillas- flour.
Before we get started it's worth mentioning that Flautas sometimes moonlight as Taquitos, and vice versa. In Mexico, Flautas are traditionally made with corn tortillas. In the States, it's common to distinguish Flautas by their use of flour tortillas, and if using corn tortillas they'll be called Taquitos. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with oil.
Chicken Flautas instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium pan with 2 tbs. Oil or butter, saute chilis and onion until softened..
- Combine all ingredients except tortillas in a large bowl..
- Put about 2-3 spoonfuls of the filling mixture on an outer third of the tortillas and roll..
- Place rolled tortillas in pan and cook for about 15 minutes or until the tortillas are crisp and lightly browned. They can also be placed under the broiler for a few minutes, being careful not to burn the tortillas..
- There should be enough filling and tortillas to make 2 pans of this. I made one for dinner and then froze another pan for a meal at a later date. Be sure to thaw the flautas before cooking second batch..
Inside: Chicken Flautas (or taquitos) are one of the most popular and easy to make of all Mexican "antojitos". Keep reading to find out how to make this authentic Mexican recipe. Mexico is best known for "los antojitos", which include tostadas, empanadas, huaraches, and sopes to name a few. One of the most popular of the antojitos are chicken flautas, which is the recipe that I am going. HOW TO MAKE BAKED CHICKEN FLAUTAS.