How to Cook Delicious chicken and cheese flautas
chicken and cheese flautas. Keyword: chicken and cheese flautas, flautas. Learn how to make a Mexican favorite dish, with its delicious flavor and texture: Chicken and Cheese Flautas. With melted cheese, rotisserie chicken and Pico de Gallo, you'll savor it till the last bite!
How To Make Baked Creamy Chicken Flautas With Guacamole. Flautas are thin, flute like tubes filled with meat and cheese which is where the name of these taste treats come from. Flauta means flute in Spanish and makes a delicious meal served with Spanish rice and refried beans topped with melted cheese. You can cook chicken and cheese flautas using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of chicken and cheese flautas
- It’s 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 16 small of corn tortillas.
- You need 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese (or whatever shredded cheese you have).
- It’s 1/2 cup of cubed velveeta cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of seasoning salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 quart of oil ( or just enough for frying).
Chicken flautas, also known as rolled tacos, are tortillas filled with seasoned chicken and deep-fried for a tasty Mexican-inspired appetizer or meal. We decided to bake instead of fry. I put the chicken mixture in the tortilla and added about a TBSP of grated cheddar cheese, then rolled them up and. Anyway, what is a flauta, you ask?
chicken and cheese flautas instructions
- season chicken breasts with seasoning salt, garlic powder, & cayenne pepper. heat skillet or pan with a little oil and saute chicken on both sides until it's almost done.remove from pan, then take two forks and shred the chicken. place shredded chicken along with the diced onion back in pan to finish cooking. once completely cooked, remove pan from heat & add cheeses. set aside to cool a bit..
- take tortillas & warm them up to make more pliable. heat pot of oil while preparing to assemble flautas..
- take filling, place small amount (roughly 1 1/2 tablespoons) onto tortilla. roll tortilla tightly to resemble a cigar or a flute. to ensure that flautas are secure, place toothpick through it so it doesn't unravel. place flautas in hot oil & fry for a few minutes until golden brown. remove from oil then place on a plate lined with paper towel. don't forget to remove toothpicks before serving. serve with salsa, sour cream & guacamole. enjoy!.
A flauta, my friends, is a tortilla rolled around a filling, such as beef, chicken, or cheese, into a thin cylinder and sometimes deep-fried. In this case we are going to fill it with a mixture of chicken, shredded cheese, salsa and spices, and we NOT going to deep-fry it. With flautas, the two things that vary by region are the filling and the toppings. In most cases, the filling is made from pulled chicken or beef, your favorite Mexican chili pepper, or just cheese. The toppings typically consist of shredded iceberg lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced avocado, sliced onion, sour cream.