Recipe: Tasty Red Rice with Meatballs
Red Rice with Meatballs. Thanks for watching a brand new episode of "Afternoons With Baba"! Today i show you how to make Red Rice with meatballs. Place rice meatballs on the glass noodles and serve hot.
When most of the red is gone (cut through a meatball if you are in doubt. Try this Albondigas (Spicy Meatballs with Red Rice) recipe by Chef Gino D'Acampo. For the meatballs, place half of the onions, the pork and beef mince, oregano, breadcrumbs, cumin and egg into a large bowl. You can have Red Rice with Meatballs using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red Rice with Meatballs
- Prepare of Rice.
- It’s 1 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 3-1/3 cup of water to boil rice.
- You need 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt for rice.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- You need of Meatballs and Sauce.
- You need 24 ounces of Italian style meatballs see my recipes.
- It’s 1 quart of pasta sauce I used Mids meat sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water to rinse sauce jar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of capers.
- It’s 1-1/3 cup of water.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 12 ounces of frozen or fresh cauliflower.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need To taste of salt if needed.
Mix together well, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the raw meatballs in a bamboo steamer. Boil some water in a wok and place the steamers in the steam (not touching the water). Meatballs and rice with mixed vegetables.
Red Rice with Meatballs step by step
- Heat the oil and fry the raw rice in it. Add the parsley when it turns white add 2 of the cups of rice. Stir and simmer 8 minutes..
- Chop the cauliflower and add the meatballs and cauliflower pieces. Add the 1/3 cup of water..
- Get the sauce ready. Add the capers and simmer 5 minutes. Now add the sauce. Put 1/3 cup water in jar with lid on it and shake it up to get everything out of jar..
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients it's most likely getting thick, so stir in the water 2/3 cup at the time. This will insure the rice doesn't stick and burn at bottom and the sauce isn't to thick or to thin. When it's simmered till craters form cover and remove from heat. Keep covered and undisturbed for 15-20 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
Meatballs on the wooden board with stuffing in a pan top view vertical. The chicken and rice meatballs are so flavorful and without the heavier greasiness of a beef or pork meatball. I added roasted red pepper to my I made the meatballs with Baharat spice mix using recipe from food.com and used arborio rice. Everyone in family liked which is always a bonus. Everyone loves meatballs, especially when cooked in a rich tomato-based sauce and served over pasta or rice.