How to Cook Delicious Pretzel Bites
Pretzel Bites. Easy homemade pretzel bites brushed with melted butter and sea salt. This easy pretzel recipe makes the perfect appetizer or snack! These homemade pretzel bites are the perfect game day appetizer!
These pretzel bites are crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside, and they don't require lye. We also have a recipe for a spicy cheese dip to serve on the side. Soft Pretzel Bites sprinkled with sea salt and oregano are incredibly easy to make, totally addictive, and melt in your mouth amazing! You can cook Pretzel Bites using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pretzel Bites
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of warm water.
- You need 2 Tbsp. of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 pkg. of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 3 oz. of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 4 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten with 1 Tbsp. cold water.
- It’s of Coarse sea salt for topping.
These pretzel bites are soft, buttery and totally addictive. If pretzels aren't dipped in the baking soda water those balls of dough will simply be baked bread. For cinnamon-sugar pretzels, toss with cinnamon-sugar once you've rolled the bites in the butter. Soft pretzel bites have always been a favorite snack food of mine.
Pretzel Bites step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- Combine warm water, sugar, yeast and butter in mixer and stir to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes..
- Add salt and flour and mix on low until combined. Continue mixing on medium until smooth and starts to pull away from sides of the bowl..
- Place on a clean flat surface dusted with flour and knead into a dough ball..
- Place in a large oiled bowl and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place for 1 hour to rise..
- Once dough has risen remove from bowl and turn out on floured surface again. Separate into 8 dough balls..
- Roll out each ball into a long rope approx. 22 inches long..
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife cut into bite size pieces about and inch or so in length..
- Boil a large pot of water, about 3 quarts and add baking soda. Drop pieces into boil for 30 seconds. Do this in batches of 15 pieces each..
- Meanwhile, place egg mixture by greased baking sheet..
- Remove the boiled pretzels from water with a slotted spoon and place on baking sheet. Brush each with a light coating of egg wash and top with sea salt..
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown..
- Allow to cool on sheet for about 10 minutes before removing. Store in air tight container until ready to serve. Enjoy!.
- Example of a destroyed kitchen… the aftermath of making pretzels!! Worth it!!.
I didn't leave the mall unless I got an order of bites. But choosing between savory salty pretzel bites or sweet cinnamon and sugar bites. Pretzel Bites: I so love soft pretzels, and the homemade ones are better than the Mall versions, in my opinion. For a great snack that disappears very quickly, no matter how hot they are, we make Pretzel. Pretzel Bites with Cheese Dip are the perfect snack for tailgating.