Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Stuffed Red Bell Peppers (Without Rice)
Stuffed Red Bell Peppers (Without Rice). Stuffed Bell Peppers Without Rice Traditional stuffed peppers include ground beef, tomatoes, rice, seasoning, and cheese. Since we're following a low carb diet, we still wanted to keep the flavors of traditional stuffed peppers but wanted to make them keto-friendly and with no rice. In a hot skillet, sauté the beef, pork, chopped onion and garlic until just brown.
Add garlic and cook for another minute. Bell Peppers – I really love using a myriad of colored bell peppers to make this stuffed peppers without rice recipe! Make sure to roast your pepper before stuffing it! You can cook Stuffed Red Bell Peppers (Without Rice) using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Red Bell Peppers (Without Rice)
- It’s 4 large of red bell peppers.
- You need 3/4 lb of ground chuck.
- You need 1/2 lb of ground pork.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tsp of beef bouillon granules.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 dash of of seasoning salt, preferably Lawry's.
- You need 1 cup of tomatoes, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of mushrooms, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheese (whatever you'd like to use).
- It’s 1/2 cup of green onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of hot water.
It makes for a more pliable pepper (instead of crunch… ew!) Trust me on this one. Additional Veggies – I kept it easy by using just onions and mushrooms in this recipe. Traditionally, you fill the peppers with a mixture of ground beef, rice, and seasonings. I make these stuffed peppers without rice, using cauliflower rice instead.
Stuffed Red Bell Peppers (Without Rice) instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F..
- Halve the red bell peppers through the stem. Clean out the insides and seeds..
- In a hot skillet, sauté the beef, pork, chopped onion and garlic until just brown. Add 1 tsp. beef bouillon, garlic powder, salt, pepper and seasoning salt. Stir. Drain the fat..
- Add the tomatoes, mushrooms and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and remove from heat. Set aside..
- Mix the hot water with the remaining bouillon. Stir and let dissolve..
- Fill the red pepper halves with filling. Pour water/bouillon mix into baking dish until the bottom is covered. Tightly place the filled peppers into the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes..
- After 35 minutes, remove cover and spoon some juice onto the meat filling. Replace cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes..
It's a delicious and low-carb option that works well to absorb the juices and flavors as the peppers bake in the oven. The Best Stuffed Peppers Without Rice Recipes on Yummly Taco Stuffed Peppers with Cilantro Cream Sauce Miles-MeredithThompson. Stuffed green peppers can be super easy. It's a pretty healthy meal, too, if you buy grass fed 'organic' ground beef.