Easiest Way to Make Yummy Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice
Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice. Red Beans and Rice – Creole-Style Spicy Red Beans & Rice Recipe. How to Make Gumbo with Our Foolproof (Surprising) Technique and Tips for Perfect Red Beans and Rice. Learn how to make a Red Beans and Rice Recipe!
Red beans and smoked sausage are cooked low and slow with. Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice This […] Learn how to make Spicy Red Beans and Rice. Place kidney beans in a Dutch oven. You can cook Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice using 30 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice
- Prepare of RED BEANS AND RICE INGREDIENTS.
- It’s 3 lb of Smoked Pre-Cooked Andouille Sausage.
- You need 2 box of 32 oz Beef Broth.
- You need 3 large of Chopped Onions.
- Prepare 3 large of Green Bell Peppers.
- Prepare 2 large of Yellow Bell Peppers.
- You need 2 large of Red Bell Peppers.
- It’s 8 large of Stalks Celery With Leaves.
- Prepare 1 of Extra Large Minced Bulb Garlic.
- Prepare 4 can of Drained Red Beans.
- Prepare 3 can of Drained Pinto Beans.
- Prepare 1 can of 8 oz Crushed Tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 dash of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cajun Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried Parsley.
- You need 1 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coarse Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dried Cilantro.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Celery Seed.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Sage.
- You need 3 of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 6 small of Drops Liquid Smoke.
- You need 1 large of 12 oz Bottle Tabasco.
- Prepare 4 cup of Chicken Broth [or however much fluid your rice bag calls for].
- Prepare 4 cup of White Rice.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried Chives.
Drain beans; rinse thoroughly, and drain again. Add the red beans, kale leaves, chipotles and sauce,Worcestershire, smoked paprika, onion powder, thyme, oregano and cayenne. Serve the red beans on top of steamed white rice and garnish with sliced scallions and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. These beans smell so good when they are cooking and the results are a tasty, New Orleans style red beans and rice.
Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice instructions
- De-thaw your pre-cooked Andouille Sausage in microwave and cut pieces at an angle 1" long. Place in oversized pot..
- Large chop all of your vegetables and put in your pot..
- Open and drain your beans and place in pot. Reserve 1 can of Pinto Beans just in case you're one to enjoy a creamy texture in your Red Beans & Rice or a thickener. Simply drain beans and smash with a potato masher and place in your oversized pot with your whole beans..
- Add enough Beef Broth to accommodate your pot mixture. Not too much though. This dish should be viscous or a bit thicker upon serving [unless you're serving dipping bread] so you may not need both boxes..
- Add all of your seasonings and a 1/2 of your extra large bottle of Tabasco. Stir and heat..
- Bring your dish to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Stir intermittently..
- Authors Note: While Crushed Tomatoes aren't indicative to this dish, we find they make an excellent accompaniment!.
- Simmer until you think your veggies are well cooked. 2+ hours usually. Continue adding your Beef Broth throughout simmering if this dish becomes too thick..
- In a separate pot, bring your Chicken Broth to a boil. Add Dried Chives and White Rice and cook as per the rice bag's directions. Chicken Broth lends a great flavor to bland rice. You can also use Uncle Bens Boil In Bag Rice. Just omit the Dried Chives and make sure to use Chicken Broth instead of water. You also have the option to place the rice directly in your oversized pot with all the other ingredients or on the side. I'll put the rice directly in my oversized pot if the dish is too thin. That step usually thickens this dish right up..
- Pull out the Bay Leaves. Also, since the flavors of spices can dissipate with long simmer times, I taste test and add usually add 1/4 + more of my Tabasco bottle, Cajun Seasoning, Italian Seasoning, Garlic and Onion Powder. In general, I'll use 10 oz + of a large 12 oz bottle of Tabasco in this dish..
- Simmer another 15 minutes and serve with dipping bread or corn bread and side bottles of Tabasco..
I have tried several recipes but this one is easier than the others I've tried with an excellent result. Serve with cornbread or corn muffins and your meal is complete. Cajun-seasoned red beans and sausage cooked in the Instant Pot® are easy to prepare during busy weeknights; serve over white rice. But I was wrong to be hesitant. Why red beans and rice on a Monday?