Recipe: Delicious Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork
Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork. Tender red kidney beans simmer slowly with Creole seasonings and smoked sausage, then served over hot cooked rice for a traditional and warming meal. All Reviews for Creole Red Beans and Rice. Red beans and rice is a true Creole classic!
Serve with rice, topped with scallions. Slow Cooker red beans & rice made with dried beans, and cooked with a ham bone, bacon and smoked sausage, in the Crockpot! Most of you know that I've never been a big fan of the crockpot for much other than pulled pork or roasts, feeling it pretty much boiled everything else to death, but with. You can have Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork
- You need 1 of pd small red beans.
- You need 1 of pd large red kidney beans.
- You need 2 of pds pulled pork or smoked sausage of your choice.
- You need 5 slices of bacon.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh ginger.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of liquid smoke.
- You need 2 tbsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of dill weed.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mustard.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chicken bullion base.
- It’s 1/4 c of brown sugar (optional).
Learn how to make a Red Beans and Rice Recipe! Takes a long time but it's worth. The long, slow cooking time coaxes all the flavor from the sausage into. Photography: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro.
Creole red beans and rice with slow cooked pulled pork step by step
- Cover beans with water and allow to soak overnight. Then, drain beans and remove any bad ones. Set aside..
- Chop bacon into half inch pieces and saute until golden brown and grease is rendered. (I use a magnelite Dutch oven).
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, celery and jalapeno and saute until fragrant and onions are translucent and slightly carmelized..
- Make a paste out of the 2 tbsp of ginger and add to pot. (You can buy ginger already pasted at grocery store) Cook another two minutes..
- Add enough water to cover beans two and half inches then add remaining ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer (covered) on low for two and a half to three hours. Serve over rice..
- I garnished mine with sour cream, jalapeno, dill weed and peperoncini pepper.
We double the recipe so we can eat it all week. How to Make Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice. Slow Cooker Jambalaya with andouille sausage, chicken and shrimp cooked low and slow with bold spices and · This Crock Pot Red Beans and Rice recipe is quick and easy to prep, full of great Creole flavors, and so hearty and delicious! Multipurpose ingredients are the key to this easy recipe. Frozen peppers and onions are used to season both the rice and the beans, and then some of the cooked-bean mixture gets puréed to give the finished dish a rich, saucy texture.