Recipe: Perfect Tiranga Pulao (Tri-color rice)
Tiranga Pulao (Tri-color rice). tri-color rice recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. celebrate your indian independence day with this amazing medley of rice recipe. you would certainly enjoy the amazing taste of each tri colour recipe with its individual tastes. surprise your loved ones and importantly your kids with this colourful pulao for this independence celebrations. Great recipe for Tiranga Pulao (Tri-color rice). My recipe is inspired by the Indian tricolor flag.
Add the rice once the water boils. Tiranga Pulao recipe is a simple but unique presentation of rice pulao. In this we choose three colors and with that represent flag colors of India. You can cook Tiranga Pulao (Tri-color rice) using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tiranga Pulao (Tri-color rice)
- It’s 3 cups of basmati or long grain rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of oil.
- It’s 3 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 3 of small onions finely shopped.
- You need of For white rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped caulifower.
- It’s 1 cup of paneer cubed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of curd.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of For orange rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated carrot.
- It’s 1 cup of tomato puree.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare of For green rice.
- You need 1 cup of palak puree with green chilli.
- Prepare 1 cup of boiled green peas.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- It’s of Garnish.
- Prepare of cashews and fresh shreded coconut for white rice.
- You need of raisins and and fresh tomato for orange rice.
- You need of pistachio and lemon slice for green rice.
If you are from any other country then also you can try with with diffrent ingredients and color combinations. Tiranga means three colors and with colors this pulao also taste like a heaven. Tiranga Pulao should be tempered in ghee and made with long-grained basmati rice. Cook the rice until it is al dente so that your rice is not sticky and lumps up when mixed with the tomatoes or peas.
Tiranga Pulao (Tri-color rice) step by step
- Cook the rice. Option to temper it with ghee and whole spices (cardomom, cloves, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves and black pepper). Divide it in to three equal parts..
- For white rice: Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan. Saute onions until soft. Add ginger garlic paste and cook until there is no raw smell. Add cauliflower and cook till soft. Add Paneer, salt, pepper, curd and sugar. Let it cook until dry and then add one portion of the rice and mix properly. Pan fry for a couple of minutes and set aside..
- For Orange rice:Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan. Saute onions until soft. Add ginger garlic paste and cook until there is no raw smell. Add grated carrots untill soft and then add tomato puree, sugar, salt and red chilli powder. Saute until tomato leaves oil and then add another portion of the rice. Mix evenly and pan fry for a couple of minutes. Set aside..
- For green rice: Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan. Saute onions until soft. Add ginger garlic paste and cook until there is no raw smell. Add palak puree and cook it for a few minutes. Add peas, lemon juice, salt and sugar. Once the puree dries, add the remaining rice and mix evenly. Pan fry for another minute and set aside..
- Garnish and serve hot..
Green section of rice – Make puree of spinach and cilantro mix. There are many interesting tricolour recipes or ideas. At times on special occasions such as Independence Day or Republic Day there are contests or schools ask the kids to prepare tricolour recipes, apart from that on these days you might be in a mood. Tiranga Pulao is Indian Flag inspired Tricolour Rice made with three different flavoured rice and arranged as the Indian Flag. So for the alphabet T, I decided to make Tiranga Pulao made with Tomato Puloa, Ghee Rice and Spinach Pulao.