Recipe: Delicious Spinach and Shrimp Rice Bake
Spinach and Shrimp Rice Bake. Cook onion in butter in large skillet until tender. This one dish wonder of shrimp, spinach, mushrooms and parmesan in a white wine sauce is an easy fun way to use up leftover rice. This may be my new favorite rice dish.
Add chopped spinach and gently toss rice with hands or wooden spoons to distribute ingredients evenly. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. I got this curried spinach rice lentil recipe from my mother-in-law. You can cook Spinach and Shrimp Rice Bake using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach and Shrimp Rice Bake
- Prepare 4 pounds of shrimp (peeled and deveined).
- You need 4 cups of minute rice.
- You need 2 cans of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1 (16 ounce) of bag frozen chopped spinach.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oregano leaves.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Sazon with achiote.
- Prepare 1 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare of Olive oil cooking spray.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese OR any other cheese you have.
It is one of our favorite lentil dishes. The spicy aromatic curry and rich creamy coconut flavor The original recipe uses yellow onion, frozen spinach, cooked lentils, basmati rice, and coconut milk. I substituted sweet red onions for the yellow. Spinach Parmesan Rice Bake is a cheesy side dish with spinach, cheese, and rice.
Spinach and Shrimp Rice Bake step by step
- In a large pot prepare rice by boiling both cans of chicken broth, then add to broth frozen spinach, minced garlic, black pepper, crushed red pepper, oregano leaves, Sazon, sliced onion and rice, stir until all ingredients are combined and cover pot until rice is cooked thru…….set pot to the side……
- Make sure your shrimp are cleaned and deveined, then add shrimp to a large baking pan that has been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray…….
- Pour your spinach / rice mixture all over shrimp and stir gently……..
- Spread your shredded cheese mixture all over shrimp and rice mixture…….
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes or until all cheese has melted…….
- Serve and enjoy ????!!!!.
Even your pickiest eaters will love this once they take a bite. My friends and I just started reading a book called Deliberate Motherhood. My first thought was what is deliberate. Rice is layered with a mix of bacon, spinach, olives and breadcrumbs, then topped with tomatoes and cheese and baked till bubbly. Arrange rice and the bacon mixture in layers in a greased deep baking dish.