Recipe: Tasty Soft Pretzels
Soft Pretzels. Learn how to make the most delicious, hot and buttery soft pretzels with this simple homemade pretzel recipe! Soft pretzels aren't that hard, really. They are made with a simple dough nearly identical to sandwich bread, and the only tricky part — a leap of faith — comes when you drop the pretzels in a vat of.
These homemade soft pretzels are so soft and buttery. They're so easy to make and certainly better than those from any food chain. Soft pretzels are great for a yummy snack, weekend game, movie. You can cook Soft Pretzels using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Soft Pretzels
- You need of yeast prep.
- Prepare 4 tsp of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of white sugar.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of warm water (110' F).
- You need of dough.
- You need 5 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of baking/topping.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of baking soda.
- Prepare 4 cup of hot water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of kosher salt (for topping).
Selling Soft Pretzels: What Are Your Options? When it comes to selling soft pretzels, you can either choose to make them yourself or buy them pre-made. This recipe has a warm, buttery, salty exterior and is delicious by itself, or Just a few simple ingredients is all you need to make Homemade Soft Pretzels. Making soft pretzels may seem intimidating, but you don't need the skills of a pastry chef or a bottle of lye to make them.
Soft Pretzels step by step
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes..
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt. Make a well in the center; add the oil and yeast mixture. Mix and form into a dough. If the mixture is dry, add one or two tablespoons of water. Knead the dough until smooth, about 7 to 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with damp towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour..
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230 degrees C). In a large bowl, dissolve baking soda in hot water..
- When risen, turn dough out onto a lightly flouredsurface anddivide into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a rope and twist into a pretzel shape. Once all of the dough is all shaped, dip each pretzel into the baking soda solution and place on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with kosher salt..
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes, until browned..
Soft pretzels are so much easier than you think. This recipe will take you little time and effort. Top them with salt, cinnamon-sugar, and dunk in your favorite pretzel dips. World's Greatest Soft Pretzels – huge pretzels that are soft, buttery and salty, you know the ones I'm talking about. My husband and I love our pretzels and we make them quite often.