How to Prepare Perfect Pretzel Dogs
Pretzel Dogs. Homemade pretzel dough is made with beer, instead of water, for a richer flavor. Hot dogs wrapped in a pretzel are a perfect snack. Perfect for Super Bowl parties or the weekend tailgate!
Brush each pretzel dog with the egg wash. Top the pretzels with your toppings of choice. For sea salt, sprinkle the salt on top. You can have Pretzel Dogs using 2 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pretzel Dogs
- It’s 1 batch of pretzel dough as linked above.
- It’s 2 packages of fully-cooked kielbasa.
For jalapeño cheddar, top the pretzel with cheddar cheese, then follow with. This pretzel dogs recipe is the best! A from-scratch pretzel dough is wrapped around high-quality hot dogs making these a much better choice than store bought varieties! I think I'd like to write a book about how to make friends, entitled How to Make Friends, the almost fairytale.
Pretzel Dogs step by step
- In addition to prepping for the pretzel dough, cut into finger-food sized pieces two packages of kielbasa..
- Once dough is made, slice into long strips. A pizza cutter works wonders!.
- Cut strip into smaller squares..
- Flatten the squares between your hands. Smacking them back and forth. Roll a piece of kielbasa from the long edge into the dough..
- You can roll the kielbasa between your hands to smooth and even it out..
- Immerse in the Soda bath for 30-45 seconds. Remove with slotted spoon, drain, and place on parchment lined cookie sheet..
- Bathe with egg wash, and apply liberal sprinkling of salt..
- Bake 17 – 20 minutes until golden brown..
The pretzel dogs also do pretty well in the freezer. Separate the dogs with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they don't stick together and then put them in a freezer bag. Everything Pretzel Dogs to be specific, because it's Wednesday and let's celebrate! Today, Everything Pretzel Dogs because it's absolutely the right move! These mini pretzel dogs are the perfect combo of stadium hot dogs and soft pretzels- only bite sized!